"Part-time christian" and "I can laugh at it now"

Thread: "Part-time christian" and "I can laugh at it now"

Tags: None
  1. Johnny fan said:

Default "Part-time christian" and "I can laugh at it now"

Looking for Song/Artist (group) who did a song with the lyrics "part time Christian" back around 1980, 1980's. (It could possibly have been a local Arizona song/group...but don't think so). It was played on Christian radio stations. Can recall no other lyrics to it, except 'part time Christian' and have done extensive searches for it.

Also looking for song with the lyrics "I can laugh at it now", which was also around 1980ish. There's a song with that exact title by Dion, but I have listened to it and it's not the song I'm looking for, although strangely enough, I thought the song might actually be by him when I hear it in my head. Maybe he has another song with those same lyrics in it? Or maybe could have been by Johnny Rivers, but again don't think so and unfortunately I can recall no other lyrics to that one either. - How frustrating.

Know this is a long shot, but I just bet there's someone out there who knows!

Thanks so much, in advance!

2. jp12345 said:

The second song reminds me of Nine Inch Nails - Down in It: "I try to laugh about it now"

3. Claybricks said:

The Gospel Ramblers - The Sun Is Sinking in the West

TRACK LISTING:

SIDE ONE:

LEAN ON JESUS
    OUTSTRETCHED HAND OF JESUS
    THE SUN IS SINKING IN THE WEST
    PART TIME CHRISTIAN
    LIVING ON THE HALLELUJAH SIDE
    GOSPEL CHIMES
    SIDE TWO:

GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY
    BEAUTIFUL LIFE
    OH WHAT A DIFFERENCE
    HE IS STANDING AT YOUR DOOR
    WAYFARING STRANGER
    HEAVEN'S TRAIN

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sun-Sinking-West...Music_on_Vinyl

Lani Smith - It's The Lord's Thing

13 tracks including Little Babe In Manger Way, There Is No Peace, A Child of Hope, Part Time Christian, You Gotta Start With Love, and more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lani-Smith-LP-It...Music_on_Vinyl

Dan

4. banjomark77 said:

Default Part-time Christian - Church Cantata Song

I recall as a teenager doing an Easter Cantata in a Baptist Church of which I was a member around 1970-72 time frame which included a song entitled either "It's Much Easier to be a Part-time Christian" or perhaps merely "Part-time Christian." It was a newly written Cantata and many of the songs were in the vein of then-current songs by the Carpenters. The song I recall had a calypso beat, and here are some of the words I recall:

CHORUS
    It's much easier to be a part-time Christian
    Than it is to live it all of your life

VERSE
    When you see a man by the side of the street
    Who was left for dead by some thieves he did meet
    It's much easier to walk right on by and just say,
    "I'm a Christian on some days, but not today!"

There were other verse which do not come to mind, nor do I recall the composer or the title of the Cantata. It was a nice, memorable song (obviously since I haven't sung it since the early 1970's) with a very valid message!

HTH,
    BanjoMark77