SOLVED: "Dont Get Better Than This"-late 80s, early 90s soul/quiet storm song...

Thread: SOLVED: "Dont Get Better Than This"-late 80s, early 90s soul/quiet storm song...

Tags: None
  1. NandiDee said:

Default SOLVED: "Dont Get Better Than This"-late 80s, early 90s soul/quiet storm song...

Hi guys...

I am desperately seeking help...I have been looking for this song (and another for which I will post a different thread) for over 15 years. Unfortunately, I had it on a mixed and unmarked tape so I am clueless as to singer or album as there were various other songs and artists on there. I have since lost the tape, thus my dilemma...

It is sung by a MALE artist. It starts something like this "Turn down the lights, and close the door"...I may be wrong, but I am sure those are the opening words. I have forgotten the bulk of the 1st (and even 2nd) verse.

The chorus then goes something like this "Wo, uh, wo, it dont get better than this, you and me in the dark, wo, uh, wo it don't get better than this....(missing lyrics)...you're the greatest love of my life"

To help sort of narrow the scope a bit, I know for a fact that the song was released between 1988-1990. It may also have been releasede slightly earlier than this but DEFINITELY not later.

Pretty schizo recollection of the lyrics, I know but I would GREATLY appreciate ANY help on the matter.
    Last edited by NandiDee; 09-08-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Cos Dan is the MAN
  2. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by NandiDee View Post
    Hi guys...

I am desperately seeking help...I have been looking for this song (and another for which I will post a different thread) for over 15 years. Unfortunately, I had it on a mixed and unmarked tape so I am clueless as to singer or album as there were various other songs and artists on there. I have since lost the tape, thus my dilemma...

It is sung by a MALE artist. It starts something like this "Turn down the lights, and close the door"...I may be wrong, but I am sure those are the opening words. I have forgotten the bulk of the 1st (and even 2nd) verse.

The chorus then goes something like this "Wo, uh, wo, it dont get better than this, you and me in the dark, wo, uh, wo it don't get better than this....(missing lyrics)...you're the greatest love of my life"

To help sort of narrow the scope a bit, I know for a fact that the song was released between 1988-1990. It may also have been releasede slightly earlier than this but DEFINITELY not later.

Pretty schizo recollection of the lyrics, I know but I would GREATLY appreciate ANY help on the matter.

Edited: Wrong song because the lyrics don't match.

Gavin Christopher - Love Don't Get No Better {1988}

Dan
    Last edited by Claybricks; 09-02-2010 at 07:36 AM.

Dapps said:

It's available on this CD from Amazon, but although it is a CD and not vinyl, still can't hear it grrrrr

http://www.amazon.com/Gavin-Christop...7&sr=1-3-fkmr0
  4. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapps View Post
    It's available on this CD from Amazon, but although it is a CD and not vinyl, still can't hear it grrrrr

http://www.amazon.com/Gavin-Christop...7&sr=1-3-fkmr0
    I found the complete song, unfortunately, it's not the song...

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/996753

Dan
    Last edited by Claybricks; 09-02-2010 at 07:35 AM.
  5. NandiDee said:

Default much appreciated

Hi Dan

Thanks for trying. I really appreciate it. I jumped onto Reverb Nation to listen to the Gavin Christopher record and you're right it's not the one. I was thinking though that it might be a track called "Things Dont Get Much Better Than This" by the Mac Band, off their Love U 2 The Limit album. The only thing is I cannot for the life of me find a website on the internet that has a sample of this track nor its lyrics. Might you be able to help?
  6. Claybricks said:

Hi Dan

Thanks for trying. I really appreciate it. I jumped onto Reverb Nation to listen to the Gavin Christopher record and you're right it's not the one. I was thinking though that it might be a track called "Things Dont Get Much Better Than This" by the Mac Band, off their Love U 2 The Limit album. The only thing is I cannot for the life of me find a website on the internet that has a sample of this track nor its lyrics. Might you be able to help?
    I found the song on a Russian site but it would not play, however, I did find that the entire 'Love U 2 The Limit' album has been uploaded to some blogs.

Dan
  7. NandiDee said:

Dan, I did download that specific Mac Band album off one of the blogsites yesterday and gave the particular song a listen...sadly, it's not it...but will keep searching...thanks once again
  8. Claybricks said:

There are no audio clips or lyrics for this song...

Michael Jeffries - It Don't Get Better Than This {1989}

http://www.discogs.com/Michael-Jeffr.../master/179262

Note: The entire album has been uploaded to several blogs.

Here's "I'm Waiting" from the same album...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7B9dRGf4Q4

Out of print CD for sale at Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHAEL-JEFFRIES...item335c7ce6b6

Dan
  9. NandiDee said:

Dan...to say that you're a God-send (AGAIN) sounds so cornaaaay now! This is it. I searched for the lead, Michael Jeffries as per your suggestions and found it on several blogs. I was able to download it and yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss IT'S THE ONE, along with another song on there called "Trade Dreams", that I'd forgotten was on that same cassette tape.

Please, tell me how do you do the voodoo that you do? I have since ordered this CD on Amazon (really, really want the original deal) and will patiently wait for it to arrive!

I am in ecstasy just listening to the downloaded version and have given my mom a listen (back in the day, that was our TAPE, lol) and now she can't wait for the CD to arrive (ol skool folk want something they can hold, lol and not mp3s).

Thank you once again....Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10. Claybricks said:

Dan...to say that you're a God-send (AGAIN) sounds so cornaaaay now! This is it. I searched for the lead, Michael Jeffries as per your suggestions and found it on several blogs. I was able to download it and yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss IT'S THE ONE, along with another song on there called "Trade Dreams", that I'd forgotten was on that same cassette tape.

Please, tell me how do you do the voodoo that you do? I have since ordered this CD on Amazon (really, really want the original deal) and will patiently wait for it to arrive!

I am in ecstasy just listening to the downloaded version and have given my mom a listen (back in the day, that was our TAPE, lol) and now she can't wait for the CD to arrive (ol skool folk want something they can hold, lol and not mp3s).

Thank you once again....Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    NandiDee,

You are very very welcome!

Dan