Iyi uykular

Thread: Iyi uykular

Tags: None

partizanka said:

Default Iyi uykular

I'm not really sure who sings this, but I've liked it for a while. I understand some, but many parts I don't know. If someone can translate it, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Zor mu o kadar kendini bulman,
    Başla bu sabah tersinden günün,
    Cennet o kadar uzak değil ki,
    Keşfet yeniden kendini bu gün..
    Etrafın sarıldı kaçmak fayda etmez,
    Rüzgarlar savurdu sürüklenmen bitmez,
    Silahlar çekildi mermiler tükenmez,
    Korkusuzca uyan bu gün
    Kanatlar senin, kırık olsa da
    Kurallar biraz şiddet yanlısı
    Kırılma ama kendine uzaksın
    Sıkı örtün üstünü iyi uykular sana..

partizanka said:

Hmm, can someone then at least tell me if I have the right idea?
    This is what I'm getting from it...

Zor mu o kadar kendini bulman,// Is it so hard to find yourself?
    Başla bu sabah tersinden günün,// The morning starts, you're in bad mood
    Cennet o kadar uzak değil ki,// Heaven isn't so far
    Keşfet yeniden kendini bu gün..// You'll discover yourself again today
    Etrafın sarıldı kaçmak fayda etmez,// It's useless to run from the things arround you
    Rüzgarlar savurdu sürüklenmen bitmez,// Winds blow, you are pulled nonstop
    Silahlar çekildi mermiler tükenmez,// ? (Something about taking out a weapon, bullets)
    Korkusuzca uyan bu gün// If you wake without fear today
    Kanatlar senin, kırık olsa da// even if your wings are broken
    Kurallar biraz şiddet yanlısı // ? (I don't understand what these words mean together)
    Kırılma ama kendine uzaksın // Don't be offended but you are far from yourself
    Sıkı örtün üstünü iyi uykular sana..// Wrap yourself tight, sleep well

If no time for in-depth corrections, just the basic idea would be good enough.
    Thanks.

SiLvEr_MooN said:

Başla(,) bu sabah tersinden günün > It doesn’t stay “Sabah başlıyor” so what starts is not morning. It says “Başla (you start)” (second person imperative), the rest of the sentence is translated correctly (which suprises me).

Keşfet yeniden kendini bu gün > As in the sentence before, the verb of this sentence is in the imperative modd, too. It doesn’t say “Keşfedeceksin (you will discover) but just “keşfet (discover)”. Except the translation of the predicate, it is correct.

Etrafın sarıldı(,) kaçmak fayda etmez > It exactly says “You are surrounded, it is useless to run.”

Rüzgarlar savurdu sürüklenmen bitmez > “Winds scattered you, your pulling doesn’t end.”

Silahlar çekildi mermiler tükenmez > “Guns are pulled, bullets don’t end.”

Korkusuzca uyan bu gün > It doesn’t say “uyanırsan (if you wake up)” but just “uyan (wake up). “Wake up fearlessly today.”

Kanatlar senin, kırık olsa da > It doesn’t say “Senin kanatların kırık olsa da”, which seems the way you understood this sentence. The comma can help you but it is just a tip, the meaning doesn’t change even if there wasn’t a comma. “The wings are yours even if they are broken.”

“Kurallar biraz şiddet yanlısı” > “Kural” means “rule”, biraz “a bit/little/some”, şiddet “violnce”, “yan” means “side” and “yanlı” means “of a side”. “Rules are a little on the side of the violence.”

That’s all, congrats again!

4. ercmnt said:

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    Hmm, can someone then at least tell me if I have the right idea?
    This is what I'm getting from it...

If no time for in-depth corrections, just the basic idea would be good enough.
    Thanks.
    Zor mu o kadar kendini bulman,// Is it so hard to find yourself? Perfect

Ba?la bu sabah tersinden günün,// The morning starts, you're in bad mood
    Start from the opposite side of the day (gune tersinden baslamak is just like you did translated "to have a bad mood". You have the idea but the translation is as I did.

Cennet o kadar uzak de?il ki,// Heaven isn't so far / also nice

Ke?fet yeniden kendini bu gün..// You'll discover yourself again today/ I wouldn't be using future tense he is saying like do it! " Discover yourself again today

Eraf?n sar?ld? kaçmak fayda etmez,// It's useless to run from the things arround you/ here is a little different " it is useless to run away you are surrounded"

Rüzgarlar savurdu sürüklenmen bitmez,// Winds blow, you are pulled nonstop / that's nice

Silahlar çekildi mermiler tükenmez,// the weapons are pulled (ready in hand) bullets are endless

Korkusuzca uyan bu gün// If you wake without fear today/ again he is saying like do it " wake up without any fear today"bravely"

Kanatlar senin, k?r?k olsa da// even if your wings are broken/ " the wings are yours even they are broken"

Kurallar biraz ?iddet yanl?s? // the rules are supporting alittle severeness

K?r?lma ama kendine uzaks?n // Don't be offended but you are far from yourself / this is nice

S?k? örtün üstünü iyi uykular sana..// Wrap yourself tight, sleep well / also very nice

I hope it helps any corrections will be appreciated

partizanka said:

Thank you. Your corrections are very helpful. I see sometimes that I don't pay attention to word endings. I need to be more careful.

Quote Originally Posted by ercmnt View Post
    Korkusuzca uyan bu gün// If you wake without fear today/ again he is saying like do it " wake up without any fear today"bravely"
    I think the -ca at the end of korkusuzca confused me. Somehow I thought that ending -ca made it mean 'if'...I think I remember some song "Aşk olunca"; it was maybe translated like "if it is love". I'm not sure though. But that's very different maybe. "Olunca" seems like verb, korkusuzca isn't a verb (I think).

"Kanatlar senin, kırık olsa da > It doesn’t say “Senin kanatların kırık olsa da”, which seems the way you understood this sentence. The comma can help you but it is just a tip, the meaning doesn’t change even if there wasn’t a comma. “The wings are yours even if they are broken.”

Ahh, I like what you say: the comma is a tip. I didn't even notice. But I like the actual translation that you both said much better than what I thought it meant.
    This is tricky to me. If you did want to say "even if your wings are broken" would the "senin" before "kanatların" be necessary? It seems like redundant.

Thank you again, both, so much! You gave me many things to think about. (Because I am a nerd!!!)

SiLvEr_MooN said:

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    Thank you. Your corrections are very helpful. I see sometimes that I don't pay attention to word endings. I need to be more careful.

I think the -ca at the end of korkusuzca confused me. Somehow I thought that ending -ca made it mean 'if'...I think I remember some song "Aşk olunca"; it was maybe translated like "if it is love". I'm not sure though. But that's very different maybe. "Olunca" seems like verb, korkusuzca isn't a verb (I think).

Ahh, I like what you say: the comma is a tip. I didn't even notice. But I like the actual translation that you both said much better than what I thought it meant.
    This is tricky to me. If you did want to say "even if your wings are broken" would the "senin" before "kanatların" be necessary? It seems like redundant.

Thank you again, both, so much! You gave me many things to think about. (Because I am a nerd!!!)
    Bir şey değil

What you know about -ce/-ca" is correct but there is another usage of it, when making "adverbs (of manner)". "Korku" means fear, "korkusuz" means "fearless" and "korkusuzca" means "fearlessly". Quite simple as you see. But as you stated, in the example "Aşk Olunca", it means "When/If there is love."

If you wanted to say "even if your wings are broken", the "senin" before "kanatların" would make no difference as we understand from "kanatların" that the "kanatlar (wings)" belongs to "you" subject.

There is nothing wrong in being a nerd!