Åge Aleksandersen - Trondheimsnatt (Norwegian to English) translation please

Thread: Åge Aleksandersen - Trondheimsnatt (Norwegian to English) translation please

Tags: None
  1. asasas said:

Thumbs up Åge Aleksandersen - Trondheimsnatt

Æ sjer stjerna som skinn over trondheim i natt,
    Som et smykke mot gråkallens rand.
    Æ ser lys fra et skip mot et skimranes hav, stille legg det fra land.

Verden den viske god natt og sov godt, og den gamle dom'en hold vakt. Over hjerta som banke, over store og små, over ei tronheimsnatt.

Æ sjer munkholmen bade i gull i natt, deinn stråle som ein vakker rubin.
    Æ sjer disn over elva lage eventyrland, som spoinne av fineste lin.

Verden den viske god natt og sov godt, og deinn gamle dom'en hoill vakt. Over hjerta som banke, over store og små, over ei tronheimsnatt.

Kjærlighet leve bak nattsvarte ruta, det samme gjør smerte og sår, drømmen lokke fram smil fjerne tåre og trøste det va i går.

Æ sjer stjerna som skinn, over trondheim i natt,
    Som et smykke mot gråkallens rainn.
    Æ ser lys fra et skip mot et skimranes hav, stille legg det fra land.

Verden den viske god natt og sov godt, og deinn gamle dom'en hoill vakt. Over hjerta som banke, over store og små, over ei tronheimsnatt.

Over hjerta som banke, over store og små, over ei tronheimsnatt.
    Last edited by asasas; 10-15-2010 at 08:12 PM.

2. asasas said:

(Bump)

3. asasas said:

(Bump)

4. asasas said:

(Bump)

5. asasas said:

(Bump)

6. asasas said:

(Bump)

7. asasas said:

(Bump)

8. asasas said:

(Bump)

9. johanne101 said:

This song is in a different dialect than my own (I come from Oslo, and this is in trøndersk, the dialect of Trondheim) but it is easy enough to understand anyway, so here goes:

I see the star that shines over Trondheim tonight
    Like a jewel against gråkallens (the grey old fellow, a mountain in Trondheim) edge.
    I see light from a ship against a shimmering ocean, quietly it puts out from land.

The world whispers good-night and sleep tight, and the old dome (Nidarosdomen, a church) keeps guard.
    Over the hearts that beat, over big and small, in a Trondheimsnight.

I see Munkholmen (an islet) bathe in gold tonight, it shines like a beautiful ruby.
    I see the haze over the river make a fairytale land, as if spun by the finest linnen.

The world whispers good-night and sleep tight, and the old dome keeps guard.

Love lives behind nightblack windows, the same does pain and wounds, the dream lures smiles forth, distant tears and comforts (you), it was yesterday. (The last part of the sentence there was a bit odd, I think you might have mis-printed it)

I see the star that shines over Trondheim tonight
    Like a jewel against gråkallens edge.
    I see light from a ship against a shimmering ocean, quietly it puts out from land.

The world whispers good-night and sleep tight, and the old dome keeps guard.