Who speak Standard Arabic?

Thread: Who speak Standard Arabic?

Tags: None

ebpullman said:

Default Who speak Standard Arabic?

Salaam again,

I mean if Egypt has their own dialect (Masri), the Lebanese and Syria has their own dialect (Ash-Shams), the Morocco and Algeria has their own (Maghrebi) the Yemeni has their own and the Gulf has their own way of speaking the language

Who speaks the Standard Arabic? Jinni

One more thing, how does Egypt, Lebanese or Moroccan read the Qur'an? In their own dialect????

Another thing The Qur'an was revealed one thousand five hundred years ago so it means that you can understand the ancient language? How does the language has change? I really dont mean it to be religious but it was really confusing me
    Rania

sohuda said:

standard arabic (fus7a) is ancient, it was spoken before the Holy Quran and prophet Mohammad, however it is still understood, because books are written using it, and in school it is used when teachers explain lessons, and it is used in formal meetings (like conferences and such), so everyone understands, and we read the Holy Quran in standard arabic, not each in their own dialect!

btw each gulf country has their own dialect, in fact every Arabic country has its own dialect, it could be close to their own neighboring countries but it's still different.

I hope that answers your question.
    The hours of pain have yielded good,
    Which prosperous days refused;
    As herbs, though scentless when entire,
    Spread fragrance when they’re bruised.

3. 3llawi said:

Quote Originally Posted by sohuda View Post
    standard arabic (fus7a) is ancient, it was spoken before the Holy Quran and prophet Mohammad, however it is still understood, because books are written using it, and in school it is used when teachers explain lessons, and it is used in formal meetings (like conferences and such), so everyone understands, and we read the Holy Quran in standard arabic, not each in their own dialect!

btw each gulf country has their own dialect, in fact every Arabic country has its own dialect, it could be close to their own neighboring countries but it's still different.

I hope that answers your question.
    just like he sayed
    every country has it's own way and accent
    most of them r understood to us
    except few countries
    but standard arabic (Fus7a) all arabs understand it
    and it's the only way 2 read Holy Quran

and 2 answer ur question practically only arabic teachers speaks Standard arabic
    قلنا نعم لتحرر الشعوب العربية ... سنتوحد جميعا ... وستزحف الملايين لتحرير القدس ♥♥
    شئتم أم أبيتم

We Are Coming 4 U ( Al Quds )
    ♥♥

sohuda said:

he said? dude my name's Huda!
    The hours of pain have yielded good,
    Which prosperous days refused;
    As herbs, though scentless when entire,
    Spread fragrance when they’re bruised.

VivaPalestina said:

Loool huda la tiz3ali, sho biy3arfo??

When I saw the subject title I came to say Oriee but I see you have different questions

Rania - everyone speaks standard arabic The Quran was revealed in standard arabic, the arabs at that time were well known for their language and poetry, it was a sign of eloquence.

Standard arabic is not lost, its taught in all schools in arabic countries just like how we study English. Dialect can be thought of as slang, and each country has its own dialect, even though if you look at most of the words, they are derived from standard arabic

6. LLLS said:

I don't think some one does it in everyday life.

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by LLLS View Post
    I don't think some one does it in everyday life.
    You're wrong I have algerian friends who talk in classical arabic everyday

We also have (egyptian I think) family friends who speak in standard arabic too Its all a matter of upbringing, but most dont I agree, however even if they dont 'speak' it, everyone knows it

waja3k said:

what about riddles from the tomb.. ?
    "It would be my greatest sadness to see Zionists (Jews) do to Palestinian Arabs much of what Nazis did to Jews."

Albert Einstein & Me

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by waja3k View Post
    what about riddles from the tomb.. ?
    what about them? I thought they were in ancient hebrew?

waja3k said:

Ok, Egyptions spoke Hebrew 3000 yrs ago, Nabi Musa(Moses).. bani Israil during that range.. brought Al Kitab Taurat , (Torah by the Jews) if not mistaken..

so hebrew should be widely spoken language in Eqypt then not arabic.. but what happen to the Pharoah and their subjects ancestry?
    "It would be my greatest sadness to see Zionists (Jews) do to Palestinian Arabs much of what Nazis did to Jews."

Albert Einstein & Me

ebpullman said:

Default If I'm not mistaken

I'm not Egyptologist thought I'm really interested in the ancient history of Egypt, the Pharaoh has the language of their own written in the Hieroglyphs

I think it was Coptic language...an extinct language related to African (unlike Hebrew which are Semitic) but I really really not the expert. I can be wrong
    Rania

waja3k said:

Hieroglyphs, Coptic language you can say that again, you are the expert..
    if you are from Eqypt lets see whether this picture means anything to you.. tell me whether genuine or just a hoax

cut/paste

سبحان الله إنظروا إلى حجم قوم عاد وثمود !!! الجمجمة تعادل طول الشخص العادي
    بعد ألوف السنين أثبت العلم ماورد في القران الكريم.........فياسبحان الخالق.

Sub Han'Allah!

Remains of Aad & Thamood

Albert Einstein & Me

ebpullman said:

Do I had hurt your feeling by saying Coptic language? That wasjust the only thing I had heard

Well anyway I could say I wanted to become a devout Muslim myself the reason I'm here on Arabian community
    Rania

VivaPalestina said:

Woah guys this was a standard arabic thread what turned it into a religious one?

waja3k said:

Quote Originally Posted by ebpullman View Post
    Do I had hurt your feeling by saying Coptic language? That wasjust the only thing I had heard

Well anyway I could say I wanted to become a devout Muslim myself the reason I'm here on Arabian community
    Oh! come on ebpullman, how can a beautiful girl like you hurt my feelings by just saying coptic language .. what is coptic language anyway ?..

Albert Einstein & Me

waja3k said:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Woah guys this was a standard arabic thread what turned it into a religious one?
    sorry noor, i didn't mean to be religious.. it was in national geography shown all over the world, i was just curious.. i can't question the ecologist eqpytian prof. while watching it.. ..

I think this is the best place to ask.. I hope.. is it very sensitive to talk about the Pharaoh? ..

I want to know what kind of language Adam communicate with Eve .. mmm... i hope its not too much..

one more thing.. about qaum Aad.. honestly.. tell me is it really genuine photo?? i got that(forward email) from the middle east long long time ago..

Albert Einstein & Me

17. CZAREK2581 said:

Oh! come on ebpullman, how can a beautiful girl like you hurt my feelings by just saying coptic language .. what is coptic language anyway ?..
    Modern form of the Egyptian language, a northern Afro-Asiatic language spoken in Egypt until at least the seventh century

18. CZAREK2581 said:

sorry noor, i didn't mean to be religious.. it was in national geography shown all over the world, i was just curious.. i can't question the ecologist eqpytian prof. while watching it.. ..

I think this is the best place to ask.. I hope.. is it very sensitive to talk about the Pharaoh? ..

I want to know what kind of language Adam communicate with Eve .. mmm... i hope its not too much..

one more thing.. about qaum Aad.. honestly.. tell me is it really genuine photo?? i got that(forward email) from the middle east long long time ago..
    What i know -according to Bible they spoke in Hebrew

Sienna said:

Arab language is too coloquial to be spoken on a daily basis.
    As explained by others, it is teached at schools, used in administration, speeches, and news.. and of course it is the language of the Holy 9'oran.
    This is also a written language... on newspaper, letters etc you will use the ARAB and not the dialect which is more a spoken language.

VivaPalestina said:

Does it matter what language they spoke in? Ancient Hebrew probably...or whatever language God taught them!