Why>

Thread: Why>

Tags: None

red_rose said:

Default Why>

why are the algerian, morrocan and tunisian lot called maghrebi.. is it their location in africa?

i have more questions for u lovely arabs.

VivaPalestina said:

Because
    Lol hun bless you I dont know where you come up with these questions! They're called maghreb because they lie to the west, in the gharb, just like middle east lies in the middle of the east dont ask me who set the co-ordinates, the world seems pretty spherical to me

Regarding your question the other day, maghreb also has ghorob, set, and the sun sets in the west, gharb, hence why the sunset prayer is called maghreb too!

ahlawy_catalony said:

Egypt Rules ........i`m support

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by ahlawy_catalony View Post
    Egypt Rules ........i`m support
    How does that answer Roses question?

Sienna said:

Hello,

we are all call Maghrebi because north Africa region is called Maghreb.
    The name Maghreb wich is also the arabic name of Morocco means sunset as explained above (this is the direction of the sunset). So Maghreb is the country and can also be the region.

I hope it helps

NNA for life said:

I got other explanation:
    Marocco + Tunisia + Algeria + Libya=4 islamic countrys which are in the west of "Islamic world".They have some things in commun.I know there language differs but still are appropriate to each other.They are called Maghreb Balady=west countrys.

Same thing whit:
    Jordan + Lebanon + Syria + Palestine =Sham Balady(don't know exact what means "sham")

And also Gulf balady (UAE + Saudi Arabia + Qatar + Bahrain + Oman+ ....)

The thing which impart the "Islamic World" in this regions is the language and position.
    ------>Kaal ho na ho<------
    ------>Lebnan ya 2it3it sama<------
    ------>La 2ilaha 2illa allah<------

songlover26 said:

Nice Thread Red Rose

songlover26 said:

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Because
    Lol hun bless you I dont know where you come up with these questions! They're called maghreb because they lie to the west, in the gharb, just like middle east lies in the middle of the east dont ask me who set the co-ordinates, the world seems pretty spherical to me

Regarding your question the other day, maghreb also has ghorob, set, and the sun sets in the west, gharb, hence why the sunset prayer is called maghreb too!
    Thanks Viva..Now that was an interesting and informative post

songlover26 said:

I have a few questions too.

Is Iran counted a part of Middle East too? If not then do we start counting middle east nations from Iraq?

How many nations are counted in Middle East?

NNA for life said:

Gagan Iran is a different country,isn't a muslim country,and isn't from middle east.Irak is a gulf country and i is from middle east.

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by songlover26 View Post
    I have a few questions too.

Is Iran counted a part of Middle East too? If not then do we start counting middle east nations from Iraq?

How many nations are counted in Middle East?
    My egyptian friend tried telling me she's from the middle east, as did my khaliji friend People give themselves labels for some reason!

Some of Iran does lie in the middle east Gagan, but not all Persians are happy with that, especially with all the negative media about the middle east

The countries typically known as the middle east: Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria and Palestine

NNA for life said:

I have a question also.
    Why Lebanon isn't considerate a Islamic country??Even if in Lebanon 61% from its people are muslims.(I friend told me this )

songlover26 said:

My egyptian friend tried telling me she's from the middle east, as did my khaliji friend People give themselves labels for some reason!

Some of Iran does lie in the middle east Gagan, but not all Persians are happy with that, especially with all the negative media about the middle east

The countries typically known as the middle east: Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria and Palestine
    Thanks Viva

songlover26 said:

Quote Originally Posted by NNA for life View Post
    Gagan Iran is a different country,isn't a muslim country,and isn't from middle east.Irak is a gulf country and i is from middle east.
    OMG!! NNA ... IRAN IS AN ISLAMIC STATE!! infact it is one of the few places on earth where everything runs according Islamic law.

Earlier there was Monarchy in Iran. But the Shah of Iran was dethroned and he fled to Egypt. Under the leadership of Ayatollah Khomeini (you might have heard his name quite popular figure)
    Islamic government was set up in Iran. Though he is dead now but till today Ayatollah Khomeini is the supreme religious and political head of Iran.

He is really popular in Iran when he died he received one of the biggest funeral processions ever of 10 million people !!

I watched a full documentary on Iran and I must say a pretty interesting place. and if after all those years you say Iran is not an Islamic country you will give Iranians a BIG SHOCK!!

And If you believe that Islamic states are only located in Middle East then It is not so. For eg. Pakistan is an Islamic nation but not a part of Middle East. Infact the country with the biggest Muslim population is Indonesia in the opposite side of world.

NNA for life said:

Look i know that the iranians don't like to be called arabs.I know that there were some conflicts coz of the religion.And yea i forgot that Iran is the country whit the biggest number of muslims shia (my mistake)

VivaPalestina said:

Well done for spotting that Gagan! Yes Iran and Pakistan follow an Islamic rule although its far from being an incorrupt perfect system as they should be

songlover26 said:

Well done for spotting that Gagan! Yes Iran and Pakistan follow an Islamic rule although its far from being an incorrupt perfect system as they should be
    Thanks
    Well I like to keep myself informed about the world
    and Besides Pakistan is our immediate neighbor and Iran is not far either so one must know his neighbors atleast

Eso said:

this name called by arab in Middle Ages and it's means the sunset place
    and it was divided in three parts lowest morocco(tunisia), middle morocco(algeria) and far morocco (morocco kingdom)
    and when they say morocco that's mean all of this countries