Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 434
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 212 Times in 157 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by songlover26 View Post
    Crisa Ji is added to show respect to elders or dear ones. when Talking to elder talking without ji is considered rude.

    Suppose Pita = Father and Pitaji is father too but with respect

    Uncle ji is like giving respect.

    Achcha = good (m) अच्छा
    Achchii = good (f) अच्छी

    Woh ek Achchi ladki hai = She is a good girl

    Thanks (suddenly the thanks button disappeared ) for the explanation . But I have one more thing to ask you : in that movie the girl was asked something and she replayed ji , and they've translated allright . Is that possible or I misheard the pronunciation

  2. #22
    Senior Member songlover26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked 637 Times in 528 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Crisa View Post
    Thanks (suddenly the thanks button disappeared ) for the explanation . But I have one more thing to ask you : in that movie the girl was asked something and she replayed ji , and they've translated allright . Is that possible or I misheard the pronunciation
    Very good Question Crisa.
    You heard it absolutely correct.

    First of all we need to realize that ji though a small word has many uses.

    1. One is as a to show respect as I already explained above.

    Second is as Yes (specially when talking to elders) Hindi is a Language that has lots of words to be respectful.

    Now suppose a father says to his son

    Kya tumne bijli ka bill bhar diya?

    Have you paid the electricity bill?

    Now he may reply as

    Ji (yes)
    or
    Haan ji Bhar diya. (yes I have paid)

    Haan means Yes

    But Note that saying only Haan will be considered rude.

    ***

    Now ji can also be used as a reply when someone calls your name.

    Suppose I say Crisa...

    You hear your name so you may say ji (yes)

    ***

    Another use is alright or yes.


    Suppose a mother tells her daughter

    Yeh letters post kar dena
    Post these letters.

    Now she may reply.

    ji meaning OK or Alright or Fine or Yes.

    or

    Ji kar doongi = Yes I will do.

    __________________________________________________ ____________________.

    So we notice that ji is a word that shows that the person speaking is talking to someone elder than him or someone he or she respects.

    Now you may here a wife using ji while talking to her husband not because he is elder but she respects him.

    I hope it helps

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to songlover26 For This Useful Post:
    Crisa (10-22-2010)

  4. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 212 Times in 157 Posts

    Songlover another great explanation. Of course it helped . Thank you.

    You should be a teacher , if you're aren't already

  5. #24
    Senior Member songlover26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked 637 Times in 528 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Crisa View Post
    Songlover another great explanation. Of course it helped . Thank you.

    You should be a teacher , if you're aren't already
    Thanks Crisa I am glad I could Help.

  6. #25
    ~ Mex Moderator ~ Zahra2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks
    416
    Thanked 813 Times in 659 Posts

    is this correct??

    eli re eli (friend o friend)
    Kya hai yeh paheli (what is this riddle)
    aisa vaisa kuch kyon hota hai saheli
    (why does this and that happenb friend)

    meri angraaiyaan (my stretching arms)
    Meri tanhaaiyan (my loneliness)
    meri angraaiyan (my stretching arms)
    hain Kitni akeli (so lonlely)
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

  7. #26
    Senior Member songlover26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked 637 Times in 528 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    is this correct??

    eli re eli (friend o friend)
    Kya hai yeh paheli (what is this riddle)
    aisa vaisa kuch kyon hota hai saheli
    (why does this and that happenb friend)

    meri angraaiyaan (my stretching arms)
    Meri tanhaaiyan (my loneliness)
    meri angraaiyan (my stretching arms)
    hain Kitni akeli (so lonlely)
    As much as 90% is correct did u do it yourself?! Great job
    It must be

    Saheli re Saheli (friend o friend)

    Saheli = Female friend
    Dost can be any friend male or female

    Kya hai yeh paheli (what is this riddle) Correct

    aisa vaisa kuch kyon hota hai saheli

    (why does this and that happen friend Correct

    meri angraaiyaan (my stretching arms) Correct

    Agraayee is like stretching. Something similar to what one does when gets up in morning

    Meri tanhaaiyan (my loneliness) Correct
    meri angraaiyan (my stretching arms) Correct
    hain Kitni akeli (are so lonlely)

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to songlover26 For This Useful Post:
    Zahra2008 (10-26-2010)

  9. #27
    ~ Mex Moderator ~ Zahra2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks
    416
    Thanked 813 Times in 659 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by songlover26 View Post
    As much as 90% is correct did u do it yourself?! Great job
    I wish... but no I didnt... it was a translation I found, from a Hindi & Spanish mix on a song.. this one, you know which hindi song comes from?
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

  10. #28
    Senior Member songlover26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked 637 Times in 528 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    I wish... but no I didnt... it was a translation I found, from a Hindi & Spanish mix on a song.. this one, you know which hindi song comes from?
    Oh! Nevermind

    I listened to it. I don't think it is from any song. I think it is just a part of the lyrics.

  11. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi to everyone! This is my first post in here - I have just registered. i am wondering if anyone can help me to translate the following - can not find that in internet actually, the thing is:

    " Salom, koi mili gaya-mera dil gaya, usnuf lasahna bikadil ke mera. "

    I think this is Hindi/Urdu or any other similar language. I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

  12. #30
    Senior Member songlover26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked 637 Times in 528 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by artur84kz View Post
    Hi to everyone! This is my first post in here - I have just registered. i am wondering if anyone can help me to translate the following - can not find that in internet actually, the thing is:

    " Salom, koi mili gaya-mera dil gaya, usnuf lasahna bikadil ke mera. "

    I think this is Hindi/Urdu or any other similar language. I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.
    Hi

    Seems like urdu to me

    I got some of it

    " Salom, koi mili gaya-mera dil gaya, usnuf lasahna bikadil ke mera. "

    May be that's Salaam which is a greeting meaning Peace

    Greetings! I met someone and lost my heart to him or her........my heart.

    May be I can help more if u post the actual source of the sentence.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to songlover26 For This Useful Post:
    artur84kz (11-19-2010)

  14. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thank you very much songlover! I really appreciate your help.

    One pen-friend also tried to help this way like:

    koi mili gaya – I found someone
    dil is heart
    dil ke meraa is my heart
    bikaa is sold

    Just one of my friend wrote to me :

    "Salom, koi mili gaya-mera dil gaya, usnuf lasahna bikadil ke mera. Very essential son. As long as you understand this you'll catch your bird son."

    Thats it what i have only.

    Thank you again in advance!!!

  15. #32
    Senior Member songlover26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked 637 Times in 528 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by artur84kz View Post
    Thank you very much songlover! I really appreciate your help.

    One pen-friend also tried to help this way like:

    koi mili gaya – I found someone
    dil is heart
    dil ke meraa is my heart
    bikaa is sold

    Just one of my friend wrote to me :

    "Salom, koi mili gaya-mera dil gaya, usnuf lasahna bikadil ke mera. Very essential son. As long as you understand this you'll catch your bird son."

    Thats it what i have only.

    Thank you again in advance!!!
    Mention not friend
    whatever your friend told you is correct. But I want to know are these lyrics from a song? If so I would like to hear it to understand better. if possible please post the youtube link to it.

  16. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    No, i don't think this is from song. All he wrote to me (actually you are right - not a friend but kind of a teacher, i do not know myself) - I've posted. That's it. Thank you. Is there any meaning for usnuf lasahna? Or it can be separated like in us nuf la sah na? Or something like that in order to catch the meaning....

  17. #34
    Senior Member songlover26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked 637 Times in 528 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by artur84kz View Post
    No, i don't think this is from song. All he wrote to me (actually you are right - not a friend but kind of a teacher, i do not know myself) - I've posted. That's it. Thank you. Is there any meaning for usnuf lasahna? Or it can be separated like in us nuf la sah na? Or something like that in order to catch the meaning....
    I never heard them. May be thae have a meaning in Urdu. But my knowledge is more towanrds Hindi and Punjabi. May be someone will get it and tell u soon.

  18. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Thanks
    318
    Thanked 533 Times in 465 Posts

    I'd appreciate it if someone could help me to translate this sentence. I donīt finish understanding:

    "Bhooli main sab aana jaana, gaana vaana, khona paana"

    Bhooli= forgot
    main= I
    sab= all
    aana= to come
    jaana= to go
    gaana= to sing
    vaana= ???
    khona= to lose
    paana= to gain
    "I forgot all my comings and goings..." (?)

  19. #36
    Senior Member songlover26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked 637 Times in 528 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by momper View Post
    I'd appreciate it if someone could help me to translate this sentence. I donīt finish understanding:

    "Bhooli main sab aana jaana, gaana vaana, khona paana"

    Bhooli= forgot
    main= I
    sab= all
    aana= to come
    jaana= to go
    gaana= to sing
    vaana= ???
    khona= to lose
    paana= to gain
    "I forgot all my comings and goings..." (?)
    Hi

    "Bhooli main sab aana jaana, gaana vaana, khona paana"

    What you have done is correct.
    Vaana doen't have a meaning it's just a silly rhyme added to maintain the flow of lyrics.

    so it means

    I have forgotten all going coming singing loosing & gaining.


    I have heard these lyrics somewhere but can't remember.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to songlover26 For This Useful Post:
    momper (11-23-2010)

  21. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Thanks
    318
    Thanked 533 Times in 465 Posts

    Thanks! Itīs a sentence of the song Dil Mein Jaggi, I īm trying to translate it into spanish.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=437diVzQ-IA

  22. #38
    Senior Member songlover26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked 637 Times in 528 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by momper View Post
    Thanks! Itīs a sentence of the song Dil Mein Jaggi, I īm trying to translate it into spanish.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=437diVzQ-IA
    That's cool

  23. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Thanks
    318
    Thanked 533 Times in 465 Posts

    Greetings. In this sentence of the excellent course "A Door Into Hindi", I think that "milni" is a misprint, it should be "milti". Am I wrong?

    मैं बहुत दिनों से आप से मिलनी नहीं हूँ।

    Thanks in advance.

  24. #40
    Senior Member songlover26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked 637 Times in 528 Posts

    Hi

    The Sentence formation in the above case depends upon the gender of the.

    If a female says it it will be

    मैं बहुत दिनों से आप से मिली नहीं हूँ।

    mein bahut dinno se aapse mili nahin hu.

    I has been quite a while since I met you.

    BUT

    if a male says the same sentence he will make small changes.

    मैं बहुत दिनों से आप से मिला नहीं हूँ।

    mein bahut dinno se aapse mila nahin hu.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to songlover26 For This Useful Post:
    momper (11-30-2010)

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations
    By mona22 in forum Learning Spanish language & Misc. Translations
    Replies: 3899
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 07:00 AM
  2. List of all translated Tose's songs lyrics
    By i'm little one in forum Bulgarian / Macedonian
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 03:56 AM
  3. Shakira Lyrics Translations
    By Shakira in forum Spanish lyrics translation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
  4. Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations
    By Layla in forum Learning Arabic language & Misc. translations
    Replies: 1685
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions