Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Tyrannosaurus Regina partizanka's Avatar
    Thanks

Malt- Deprem: good choice! I like Malt very much and that is one of my favourite songs from them. Very clever lyrics and catchy. (I also like their song Gol for this reason.) I like both of their albums a lot. I had never seen this video (or any from them.) They look very different than I would have imagined. (Like I said, I never watch music videos...The images I create in my mind to go with a song are usually better to me than the video. )
    I just heard Oysa Bir Umuttu...I think Kıraç is not for me, although as I mentioned to you, I think the lyrics to this song are nice and I really appreciate your sending me the link. Something about his voice or his style just doesn't really appeal to me. (I hope this does not offend. None of us can agree all the time about songs we love though, right? ) It is not that I dislike it, it just seems more like background music to me, personally.

Thanks for the story of your nickname. We learn more the older we get, but for sure, we "know" less as we get older. What 80s Western music do you like? I'm thinking of Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, U2, etc...but maybe your taste for 80s is different.

Thanks

Partizanka, I totally agree with you, for sure, we have different taste in music, and there is no room for offense.

I've just forgot to talk about Cem Karaca's "Hayvan Terli". It's a politically and socially oriented song, and I think is based on "Jimi Hendrix" and "Janis Joplin" music. here is the link for anyone who hadn't listened to it:

And yeah, he sings it in a funny way. But, at the same time, he can make us believe what he's said.

About 80's, I love Kate Bush, A-ha, Stevie Nicks,... (so many artists), and in genres, I like 80's new wave, pop/rock, hard rock,...
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

Thanks

Cool that you posted Hayvan Terli. That video (the dancers) is a perfectly odd match for the song. To be honest, I've never really paid much attention to the lyrics after the first time I heard it. At that time I was both laughing and scratching my head in confusion. After that I've usually listened to the instrumental version of it cos I'm a bit, ermm, fascinated by the guitar and the guitarist in this song. (I can't tell if the video is the same person)
    Beyond the title, and "hepsi aynı" I don't really understand. If you've seen a translation of it somewhere, I'd appreciate if I could see it to. Or perhaps you are Turkish/speak Turkish; if so, maybe you could give me just a basic idea of his message in this song.

Nice 80s choices. Especially A-ha. They had some really good work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,723 Times in 1,309 Posts

Haha, "Hayvan Terli" is a crazy song. It reminded me of Raptiye Rap Rap by him. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to translate that song. https://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/tu...e-rap-rap.html

As for Malt, I'm not very familiar with their music, I've just listened to Deprem, good lyrics indeed. (also Aşkın Gözü is good.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    Haha, "Hayvan Terli" is a crazy song. It reminded me of Raptiye Rap Rap by him. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to translate that song.
    Almost impossible? So you're saying there is a possibility? Then Sohuda and I will wait. Haha, just kidding. Even if I look at those lyrics to try to understand, I think my head will explode or something because they make no sense at all to me. But for weirdness in sound at least, Hayvan Terli is still bir numara to me.

You might like Malt, Milena. Most of their songs have pretty amusing/clever lyrics. Some interesting Malt lines:

Gol: Yönetici olabilirim aslında, Yapamayan yönetir derler
    Ama tüm personel adaylarım Üst mevkilerde bir yerdeler
    Ben yedekteyim, onlar oynuyor; Ben izlemekteyim, onlar atıyor
    Neden bilmem, hep böyle oluyor ...

Katır: Maymundan geldiğim şüpheli belki
    Yaşlandıkça katıra gidiyorum en azından orası belli

Aşk Şarkısı: Anlaşalım orta yerde, Ne gerek var ki ellibin tane söze
    İstediğin şeyi tekrar edeyim, Bitsin bu işkence:
    SeniseviyorumseniseviyorumseniSeviyorumseniseviyor umseni
    50 kere 60 kere 70 kere...
    Bu şarkının sözleri yormaz beni Senin yorduğun kadar

And there's something almost "dry" about the way he sings his lyrics that just adds to their cynical humour.
    Anyway, sorry, I've gotten way off-topic.

Thanks

partizanka, those lyrics seem interesting. I'll try to listen to them when I have time. (I still haven't listened to Pilli Bebek. )

Since we're off-topic and talking about lyrics now here's my favourite line for today:

Yıkamaz kimse inan kalbimdir benim kalem (Any guess? )

Thanks

partizanka, those lyrics seem interesting. I'll try to listen to them when I have time. (I still haven't listened to Pilli Bebek. )

Since we're off-topic and talking about lyrics now here's my favourite line for today:

Oh, Milena I didn't know that you love Hayko Cepkin.
    He's very weird, but I love his music and his boldness among Turkish rockers

Thanks

Ahhhhhhhh, Sıkı Tutun from Hayko. All the lines in that song are so great. It's up in the air for me- this song or Seninki Dert Mi- those are my two favourites I think. I really love the intro to this song too. It's so eerie and beautiful. Hmm, it would make an excellent ring tone don't you think?

You MUST try Pilli Bebek at least once, when you can.
    Even if you don't like the songs, at least his voice you should hear.

PS Veryclever- just saw your message. You like Hayko too? You're cool.

Thanks

veryclever, yes, I'm a BIG fan of him. (ask partizanka ) And I also love horror movies.

partizanka, I think I've talked enough about this. I'm totally obsessed with Tanışma Bitti right now. I just can't get enough of that album.

I will listen to Pilli Bebek and let you know what I think.

Thanks

Horror Movies, lol
    Last night I watched "The Eye", featuring Jessica Alba ,in this regard.

There are two songs that I always like to listen to them together. I don't know why, but I know they have a sort of connection in my mind.

The first one is from Badem:

Badem - Geceyedir Küsmelerim

It's a very sad song, with a meaningful music video. The lyric is about difficulties in this life. You can sense "The alienation of the artist" in its powerful sense.

The second song is not Turkish, but I like to introduce it to you, anyway
    It's from Tori Amos. I can't tell you how much I like her. She's so bold .

This song is from her first solo album and ... (lets give you a chance to listen to it, and then I'll explain it)

P.S.
    Milena and partizanka, check your mail boxes too

Thanks

I know both of these songs well, Veryclever. I like Badem very much and Tori is very talented and, as you say, bold. I usually prefer another pianist-singer named Fiona Apple, but Tori has some interesting things to say.
    This song I listened to over and over again yesterday; sorry this is not a proper video:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

Sagopa Kajmer & Kolera - Bir Dizi İz

I LOVE this one the most of off all the ones I heard on this thread!! (I was looking for Partizaaay's clue lol)

I think the whole world has discovered, I am addicted to Rafet El Roman - Bana sen lazimsin <3<3

Thanks

Aferim Viva, you're on the right track, he's better than Rafet. (I wish I could translate his lyrics in order to prove that, but no way. )

Thanks

Aferim Viva, you're on the right track, he's better than Rafet.

Amen to that. (Nothing against Rafet, but Sagopa's awesome.) If you are in fact interested in Turkish hiphop, Viv, you should check out more from Sagopa, his former partner (now enemy?) Ceza and Ceza's sister Ayben is cool. The fathers of Turkish rap, CARTEL are a must-hear in my opinion as well as my personal favourite, Mr. Fuat Ergin. Ahhh, Fuat. He's the coolest thing.

Thanks

Why no way?! Maybe plainy will do it for me haha rafets voice is nice too!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Why no way?! Maybe plainy will do it for me haha rafets voice is nice too!
    Cos Sagopa's lyrics are so stupid...all about chicks, drugs, cars.
    Kidding, Sagopa's lyrics are really good, as far as I can tell.
    Have you ever tried translating rap lyrics? It's soo hard to do well.

Thanks

If Plainy translates it please share it with partizanka.

Thanks

Haha yes I have and it was so blóòdy difficult, but thats because I had to write up the lyrics myself and I sùck at picking up words in rap

Thanks

If Plainy translates it please share it with partizanka.
    Yes yes and yes please. And then we'll send her some of Fuat's and Cartel's lyrics. I don't know Plainy, but I like Milena too much to do that to her.
    I've translated rap too and to me, writing the lyrics in the original language is just the beginning of the trouble.

Thanks

veryclever, I love Geceyedir Küsmelerim a lot, and the way he sings...very sad.

I know Tori Amos, but don't know that song. (I can't listen now. :/ )

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast