Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Tyrannosaurus Regina partizanka's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha, Veryclever you've lost your mind! Your translation looks nice by the way.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

Lucky Milena! I want a song dedicated to me too

p.s whats a poltroon?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    Haha, Veryclever you've lost your mind! Your translation looks nice by the way.
    You're right my dear friend, I'm insane
    I can't express my feelings towards this song, it touches me deep inside, maybe that's because of my recent break-up
    You know, you shouldn't forgive your beloved one for the forth time
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Lucky Milena! I want a song dedicated to me too

p.s whats a poltroon?
    Oh, I dedicate this song to you too dear, canim, effendim, arkada$im, azizam, mon amie, عمری, حبیبتی

That word is an archaic or literary word for "coward"
    Its root is the same as Poultry,
    so a poltroon is afraid of everything just like a chicken
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    Oh, I dedicate this song to you too dear, canim, effendim, arkada$im, azizam, mon amie, عمری, حبیبتی

That word is an archaic or literary word for "coward"
    Its root is the same as Poultry,
    so a poltroon is afraid of everything just like a chicken
    What happened to good old 'coward'? We cant all be veryclever like you

aaaaawwwwwwwww all those??? 3omri habibtiii too? I like you even more now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    You're right my dear friend, I'm insane
    I can't express my feelings towards this song, it touches me deep inside, maybe that's because of my recent break-up
    You know, you shouldn't forgive your beloved one for the forth time
    I'm sorry to read that. If it's something serious, even forgiving three times is a bit much. Well, forgive always, but don't give another chance to do the same thing. I live by the idea "The more things change, the more things stay the same."

P.S. Viva, I'm with you. Never heard poltroon before in my life.

P.P. S. I'm listening to Artık Kısa Cümleler Kuruyorum album from Şebnem Ferah right now for the first time. Wow. It's LOVE at first hearing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,723 Times in 1,309 Posts

veryclever, glad you like this thread. Thanks for dedication again. (And bravo, it's a bit complicated.) I'm sorry to hear about your story. :/

partizanka, I told you! (Artık Kısa Cümleler Kuruyorum) Which songs did you like most?

This is my favourite song right now: (partizanka I'll tell you details in PM about Sakin Olmam Lazım, it's love at first hearing too.)

Hayko Cepkin - Yarası Saklı

Thanks

Confession: That was the first Hayko video I've ever seen. (haha, I've also only seen 2 or 3 from Kurban actually, too.) I prefer him with dark hair, but he looks cool in this video. Like the-pants-with-no-shirt look, love the song (such cool music). Glad you love Sakin Olmam Lazım. I did/do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    partizanka, I told you! (Artık Kısa Cümleler Kuruyorum) Which songs did you like most?
    Yes, you did! My opinion might change but these are the songs I particularly noticed at first: Oyunlar, Kalbim, Herkes Bilsin Istedim, Artık Kısa Cümleler Kuruyorum (BEAUTIFUL!), Oyunun Sonu, Ay, Bügün. Ha, I realize that's more than half of them, but I was very impressed. (By the way, did you know Deniz from Kurban wrote the song Yorgun on that album?)
    She is so good. Great voice, great lyrics, great music.

Thanks

I prefer him with dark hair, but he looks cool in this video. Like the-pants-with-no-shirt look, love the song (such cool music).
    Me too. He looks very interesting with blond hair. Cool video, I like his moves a lot.

(By the way, did you know Deniz from Kurban wrote the song Yorgun on that album?)
    No, I didn't know. But I still remember that song, it's very catchy and nice.

İşte ben böyle öldüm
    Gittim kendimi gömdüm
    Sonra toprağa sordum
    Dünya böyle değildi
    Toprak dedi sen kördün...

Uff, you're so bad! Now you put me in the mood to listen to that album.

Thanks

Deniz = sea = bahar in arabic = autumn

I always feel so left out in the Turkish forum

Speaking of obsessions, the guy that sings the second part in seni severdim has such a hot voice

Thanks

Deniz = sea = bahar in arabic = autumn

I always feel so left out in the Turkish forum

Speaking of obsessions, the guy that sings the second part in seni severdim has such a hot voice
    Why do you feel left out?

The song I'm obsessed with, Barış Manço - Can Bedenden Çıkmayınca
    https://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/tu...tml#post305316

Thanks

Uff, you're so bad! Now you put me in the mood to listen to that album.
    No, if my mission in life is to make people enjoy Turkish rock music more (and if that is my mission, I need to find a more meaningful one I think), then I'm not so bad...I'm so good. Actually I'm finding that Deniz has written a lot of songs for other people. He wrote DirecT's "Hasret" too, songs for Demir Demirkan, Zardanadam, etc... He's all over the place.

I watched Hayko's video again. Something about it I really like. However, the mismatch between the instruments shown and the instruments heard in the song makes me say 'hmmm.'

Thanks

Mission accomplished. (You can make others enjoy now. )

By the way I thought you watched all videos of Kurban coz of an obvious reason. I had no idea he also wrote Hasret, I like that song.

Hayko - I was listening to Teoman's En Güzel Hikayem album yesterday and I was thinking: "Why partizanka doesn't like him?" I know you're not fan of his voice, but that album is quite dark & sert (and good lyrics & music I think) Anyway Gökdelenler is also on that album but I listened to it from Hayko today again. Wooow! I'm sorry for my previous comment. I LOVE his cover, he sings great.

Thanks

By the way I thought you watched all videos of Kurban coz of an obvious reason. I had no idea he also wrote Hasret, I like that song.
    Ha, that would be an obvious reason, wouldn't it? I guess I need to work on my obsession skills.
    As for Hasret, I also like that song a lot. Kind of sad lyrics. Poor guy.

Hayko - I was listening to Teoman's En Güzel Hikayem album yesterday and I was thinking: "Why partizanka doesn't like him?" I know you're not fan of his voice, but that album is quite dark & sert (and good lyrics & music I think) Anyway Gökdelenler is also on that album but I listened to it from Hayko today again. Wooow! I'm sorry for my previous comment. I LOVE his cover, he sings great.
    I'm glad you changed your opinion...I really love him in that song. Very nice vocal style and love the lyrics. As for Teoman, I don't know exactly what it is...To be honest, most of the songs I've heard him sing on are kind-of pop songs. I liked his vocals in the song Taş Bebek (one of the first songs of his I heard; I thought he sounded so cool and so I looked for a few more.) He was also fine on Kal Yanımda with Atiye Deniz. I kind-of like the song Senden önce Senden Sonra too. (Does he sometimes sound very different? Cos I barely recognize his voice in that song.) But then I heard some songs where I really can't stand his voice (cover of Resimdeki Gözyaşları, Duş (with Irem-she has a good voice), etc... (In those 2 particular songs his voice really annoys me. And actually Direc-T's singer's voice annoys me too, but is also sort of charming so I still like them.) But, as I said before, I think he's a great song-writer. I consistently like his lyrics, for example:
    Istasyon Insanları:
    I never go outside my house (Hiç çıkamam evimden)
    I make up imaginary friends (Dostlar uydururum hayali)
    That's why I'm usually happy (Mutluyumdur bu yüzden)...
    Just be careful not to feel pity for me (Yanliz dikkat, acımayın)
    To know that you feel pity for me is what hurts me the most (Acınmak canımı en çok acıtandır)

NOTE TO VIVA: I don't want you to feel left out so this translation is provided for you and done by your friend, PlainChaos.
    Also really like the lyrics to Gökdelenler (Gökdelenlerden tükürdüm dünyaya
    Ben hayatım boyunca O yüzden kupkuru ağzım> I've been spitting on the world from skyscrapers all my life, that's why my mouth is dry.)
    So good.

So I can't say that I completely dislike him. Anyone that writes lyrics like those will interest me at least a little. If you were to recommend 1 or 2 songs from En Güzel Hikayem to me (since you know my taste a bit) which would they be?
    Hmm, wow, I can talk on and on about a singer I don't even really like. It's a good thing this thread is about obsessions.

Also, does anyone here listen to Aylin Aslım? I've liked 2 of her songs for a while (Senin Gibi and Bir Çocuk Sevdim) but never heard anything else from her. If anyone likes her, a few recommendations would be appreciated.
    Last edited by partizanka; 11-02-2010 at 05:54 AM.

Thanks

Partizaaaay - love you!

Karabela - what does your name mean bu arada? I feel left out because Viva cant speak turkish

Erm, I'm not sure if we're talking about the same woman (I hope not!) partizaay, but isnt Aylin the woman silver moon recommended who makes haifa wahbe look like an angel?

Thanks

At the moment, I'm listening to Sefa Topsakal. Found her out friday, with 'Beyaz Show'.

Sefa Topsakal - Korkuyorum:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRHx3TJQ4eI
    Sefa Topsakal - Vicdansizim:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFaV0...eature=related
    Sefa Topsakal - Ask yarasi:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChBg-...eature=related
    Sefa Topsakal - Eyvah:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGMSb...eature=related
    ~ Korkuyorum sana söylemeye
    ya beni sevmiyorsan eğer..
    Ya beni rededersen
    işte o an bittim ben ..

Thanks

Partizaaaay - love you!

Erm, I'm not sure if we're talking about the same woman (I hope not!) partizaay, but isnt Aylin the woman silver moon recommended who makes haifa wahbe look like an angel?
    (That's my blushing face I guess.) Thanks, love. I don't know...where/in what context did Silver Moon say this? I didn't know who Haifa Wahbe is, so I just looked her up. It's possible...can you give more information?

Thanks

partizanka, I think you don't like him when he sings a bit loudly? (I don't know Taş Bebek.) To be honest he doesn't sound different to me maybe coz I've been listening to him for a long time. You might like "Bugün" from that album. (Please pay attention to lyrics too. Maybe it's already translated) My top 3 lyricists: Emre Aydın, Feridun Düzağaç, Teoman

A link for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIJntLycEG8

If you HATE this song I will never talk about him again.

Thanks

Oh no sorry! Demet A something. Dont like her

Thanks

Oh no sorry! Demet A something. Dont like her
    Haha, Demet...yup, sounds a lot like "Aylin" !? Never heard of her.

Milena, (who still needs a nickname Viv!) I've heard Bugün before cos Kreş did it on Teoman's Söz Ve Müzik album. (I really like a lot of the songs on that cd.) I had looked for its translation before but not found it, so I'm glad the Youtube had it translated. Interesting lyrics, as usual. I actually liked Teoman's version (maybe as much or more than Kreş' ). Very nice guitar especially. And I think you're right...I prefer Teoman keeps his voice low-key.
    So now you are free to speak of Teoman again cos I didn't hate it.

Good choices for lyricists. For me, Emre is absolutely number 1. Even though his style of music is not one I usually love, nobody writes lyrics as consistently brilliant as he does. Another I would include would be Doğan Duru (Redd). Love his lyrics so much. (Also really like a lot of Rashit's lyrics...political/social songs are a passion of mine.)
    Remember how you said I like arabesk? Well it must be somehow true even though I never listen to original arabesk songs cos another lyricist I really really like (although I know only 2 or 3 songs he's written) is Orhan Gencebay. I love the lyrics to Batsın Bu Dünya and Hatasız Kul Olmaz. "Kula kulluk edene yazıklar olsun...şikayetim yaradana..." Yes, the lyrics are dramatic but I basically like lyrics that have these kinds of ideas.
    So then, here is my obsession of the day, appropriately enough: It's Gripin's cover of Batsın Bu Dünya: (and Viva I will happy give you a translation if you request it. )

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast