Lets Ask for a New Persian Thread

Thread: Lets Ask for a New Persian Thread

Tags: None

Vanda said:

repeated post ... sorry
    Last edited by Vanda; 05-17-2007 at 06:08 PM.
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

Vanda said:

hey... maybe I've missed some requests in previous pages so plz repeat your requests .

- Hafez

3. Milad said:

hi im milad 20
    here karaj iran
    hi eco
    hi vanda
    and hi to all
    vanda where are you from ? i mean wich city ?
    i hope hear from you
    bye

4. sonja said:

Default Hi all dear people

Hi dear people,

By surfing on the net, I came to this great forum, I have read all posts. Wow, such a nice people here!!!!! I am a Dutch, haha old woman and love the Iranian culture. Have had a relation with an Iranian and have a son of 11 years which I took care alone. Never understood the beautifull songs, now I do and I want to thank you all for the Farsi and English text. Please go on with this great work, I have great respect for you all. Best regards, Sonja

5. hasan said:

Quote Originally Posted by sonja View Post
    Hi dear people,

By surfing on the net, I came to this great forum, I have read all posts. Wow, such a nice people here!!!!! I am a Dutch, haha old woman and love the Iranian culture. Have had a relation with an Iranian and have a son of 11 years which I took care alone. Never understood the beautifull songs, now I do and I want to thank you all for the Farsi and English text. Please go on with this great work, I have great respect for you all. Best regards, Sonja
    Hi sonja. Nice to see you here, among us.

Amro_rocks said:

thanks sonja

7. Milad said:

Vanda where are you ?!?!?
    eco ? where are you ???
    i have important words to tell you both

8. shirini said:

hello!!! im new here my name is shirin
    first of all im apologize that my english is not so good...
    im a persian girl that live in israel and really like persian song
    but i dont know to translat tham.
    so i found this fabulous forum and im sooooo happy!!!
    so i hope you can help me with some song that i really like.

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by Milad View Post
    hi im milad 20
    here karaj iran
    hi eco
    hi vanda
    and hi to all
    vanda where are you from ? i mean wich city ?
    i hope hear from you
    bye
    Hi Milad...
    actually i live in dubai(UAE) .

- Hafez

Vanda said:

Hi dear people,

Hi sonja... thanks for that compliments. we'll be happy if you stay around with us.
    best regards

Vandi
    Last edited by Vanda; 05-20-2007 at 06:38 PM.

- Hafez

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by shirini View Post
    hello!!! im new here my name is shirin
    first of all im apologize that my english is not so good...
    im a persian girl that live in israel and really like persian song
    but i dont know to translat tham.
    so i found this fabulous forum and im sooooo happy!!!
    so i hope you can help me with some song that i really like.
    Hi shirin... nice name. my best friend's name is shirin too
    I'll translate this nice song soon sweetie

Vandi .

- Hafez

Ecoliqua said:

Hi all,
    I was in north Spain visiting my parents over the weekend and just arrived tonight. Unfortunately, my grandfather is dyeing. I still have three grandparents alive, with 96, 95 and 91 (my family is quite long-lasting, I guess, but the body has a limit.

Quote Originally Posted by aShOoRi View Post
    ...it was Googoosh that got me into farsi music because it was my dads favourite singer back in Iraq and he used to play her song "Man Amadeam" when I was younger ...from there on I fell in love with all a majority of her songs and I started to explore other Persian music; with advice off my uncles ofcourse because they LOVE farsi music aswell
    Hi Ashoori, for me it was also Googoosh who took me into farsi music. Dokhtare darya was my first song ever, and the second was Ahooe eshgh. By the way Vandi, I believe you forgot to translate Ahooe eshgh for me :´-l so plz... when you have the time, can you translate this beautiful song for me? Thanks!
    I dont know the song "Man Amadeam"... I will try to search for it on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangna View Post
    you have a great outlook on life and different cultures... it'd be great if there were more people like yourself out there
    :-) thank you Tangna, and welcome to this forum. I have never said anything to you before because I have never understood what you said ;-) it was is Farsi. Where are you from? Iran? and where do you live?
    By the way, what does "Tangna" mean? it reminds me to this song from Benyamin: "tange ghorub, havaye to, tange ghorub, sedaye to..." :-)

Hi dear people,

Hallo Sonja, nice to have you around! And dont worry about age, this forum is time-and-space-independent ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Milad View Post
    Vanda where are you ?!?!?
    eco ? where are you ???
    i have important words to tell you both
    wow! Hallo Milad, welcome. Well, as I said, I was visiting my parents. What is this so important that you have to say?... I am curious :->

Quote Originally Posted by talldave22 View Post
    Salam, man dar USA zendigi mikonam. man farsi yaad migiram. Thank you very much for translating all of these persian songs! They have been very helpful.

Anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. I'm doing this for my girlfriend's sister's wedding. They both can speak Persian but cannot read it. Can anyone help? Mersi!
    Hallo Talldave, well, I do not know any of the songs neither can help you to get them... sorry. But I am just amazed how your girlfriend and her sister can speak Farsi but they cannot read it!. I mean, I can read farsi! :-) I just do not understand what they say, but the words that I know, I can read. It just take a couple of days learning the alphabet... For me is quite surprising how someone can speak a language as Farsi and do not get curious in understanding the alphabet... Well, if you need help with this, I could help :-). They could start with: Easy Persian - Free Online Farsi Language Lessons, MP3 Music, and Chat!

Ecoliqua said:

Hallo Vanda,
    I was rerading your explanations and I still have some questions...

Both غ and ق are transliterated as "gh"?... So, do this two letters have the same sound?

غروب = ghorub
    قلبمو = ghalbamo

Because in arabic they are different...

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoliqua View Post
    Hallo Vanda,
    I was rerading your explanations and I still have some questions...

Both غ and ق are transliterated as "gh"?... So, do this two letters have the same sound?

غروب = ghorub
    قلبمو = ghalbamo

Because in arabic they are different...
    yes... in farsi

ق and غ
    ---
    س and ص and ث
    ---
    ز and ض and ذ and ظ
    ---
    ت and ط

have the same sound
    Hi all,
    I was in north Spain visiting my parents over the weekend and just arrived tonight. Unfortunately, my grandfather is dyeing.
    oh Laura... I'm really sorry azizam.

I still have three grandparents alive, with 96, 95 and 91 (my family is quite long-lasting, I guess, but the body has a limit.
    looooool... they are sooo young my grandma's mom is still alive... mmmm, she is just 109 and... mmmm... don't you know a good man for her?(loooool... just kiding)

Ahooe eshgh for me :´-l so plz... when you have the time, can you translate this beautiful song for me? Thanks!
    did you request? sorry... I'm a bit wacky(lol) ... actually the melody of this song is really really nice but the lyric is just nonsense... I'm sure you'll hate this song after translating but of course I'll do that for you azizam.

I've translated this song and there is link for download
    http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ly...tml#post270172

Vandiiiiiiiiiii
    Last edited by Vanda; 05-21-2007 at 08:19 PM.

- Hafez

15. Milad said:

hi everyone
    eco my buissnes is it
    im ICT student in iran and i wanna start a project (Website) all about great persia and i want to know your idea about it
    in that website ( it is in my mind now ) i will introduce everything about persia and i will presents some some products to all the people around the world
    how is it ?

16. sonja said:

Dear people,

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome words, @ Ecoliqua I am sorry to hear about your grand father, I hope he had a great life and you have good memories. @ Shirini, welcome girl, this is a great place to be. @ Vanda you are a special woman to put so much time in this forum, thank you again. @ Milad, it is very nice you wanted to start a webside about Persia. Years ago I searched the net for all kind of sites about Persia. There was a lot of information, mostly for tourist. Maybe it is a sugestion, to place pictures of the normal streets and surroundings too. For sure I like to see non tourist pictures. Your idea is very nice, keep on going with it. Have a nice day all, best regards Sonja

aShOoRi said:

Hi all,
    I was in north Spain visiting my parents over the weekend and just arrived tonight. Unfortunately, my grandfather is dyeing. I still have three grandparents alive, with 96, 95 and 91 (my family is quite long-lasting, I guess, but the body has a limit.
    Hey Ecoliqua I am very sorry to hear this news . I hope you are doing good under these situations I cant imagine the pain you are going through, but thats life and we all have our days but try not to think like that, think of all the good memories you have had with your grandfather . xx

Hi Ashoori, for me it was also Googoosh who took me into farsi music. Dokhtare darya was my first song ever, and the second was Ahooe eshgh. By the way Vandi, I believe you forgot to translate Ahooe eshgh for me :´-l so plz... when you have the time, can you translate this beautiful song for me? Thanks!
    Haha I guess we have more in common ey ...I love Ahooye Eshgh aswell its a very beautiful song and also one of the first Ive heard from Googoosh aswell (even though its a recent song =/). I can't believe you have never heard Man Amadeam, it is her BEST song, personally my favourite hehe but the flute on it is magnificent!

God bless xX
    beganokh la azt shoqtle /
    go kharebota khadoota letlee /
    mdree mamteelan al orkhat maten /
    baabe em yeeme am khoone o khatee ...

"Ashur Bet Sargis - Sara D'Matan"

Vanda said:

hey... where are hasan & haider,...?.

- Hafez

Vanda said:

hey guys... if there is anything obscure in translations plz ask... I'll explain.

- Hafez

Vanda said:

well... I think It was a really weighty weekend for this forum loooooool
    wasn't it?.

- Hafez