Marjan- Jofte soleyman |مرجان - جفت سلیمان

Thread: Marjan- Jofte soleyman |مرجان - جفت سلیمان

Tags: None

Zahich said:

Post Marjan- Jofte soleyman |مرجان - جفت سلیمان

Hello Azizam , here a beautiful old song from Marjan , i really would love if someone can translate it to English , What a great music ...

To Listen to The song :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S960la5znWw

The Lyrics of the Song :

بگو ای بزرگ خانه
    همه گفتن ترانه
    بگو ای جفت سلیمان
    منم آن هدهد نالان

بگو ای کتاب بسته
    صوفی چله نشسته
    ای جدا مانده ز یاران
    ابر آمادهء باران

بگو ای خط نخوانده
    پای از پای نمانده
    نفسم بسته به حرفت
    همه پیوسته به حرفت

بگو ای مرد به خانه برکت ده
    به تن قافله شوق حرکت ده

بگو ای مرد به مرد به خانه برکت ده
    به تن قافله شوق حرکت ده
    ای شبان حرف بزن حرف بزن
    گله پراکنده شده
    بره در خوابگه گرگ پناهنده شده

پشت این ساکتی یک دنیا هیاهو
    بگو حرفات همه حقه همه یاهو
    بگو حرفات همه حقه همه یاهو

afsaneh said:

Default Marjan- Jofte Soleyman

Jofte Soleyman
    (Solomon's double or Solomon's partner)

Begu ey bozorge khaane __________________________________ tell me oh, the master of the house
    Hame goftane taraaneh ___________________________________ saying melodies wholly
    Begu ey jofte Soleyman ___________________________________ tell me oh Solomon's double
    Manam aan hod hode naadaan _____________________________ I'm that unwise hoopoe(1)

Begu ey ketaabe baste ___________________________________ tell me oh closed book
    Sufie chelle neshaste ____________________________________ you ascetic of the 40 days(2)
    Ey jodaa maande ze yaaraan ______________________________ oh, you separated from the friends
    Abre aamaadeye baaraan _________________________________ oh you the cloud which is ready to rain

Begu ey khatte nakhaande _______________________________ tell me oh unread script
    Pay az pay namaande ___________________________________ our feet are exhausted
    Nafasam baste be harfet ________________________________ my breath is tied to your words
    Hame peyvaste be harfet________________________________ all connected to your words

Begu ey mard be khaane barekat deh ______________________ say oh man bless this house
    Be tane ghaafele shoghe harekat deh_______________________ give the fervor of motion to the convoy's body
    (x2)
    Ey shabaan harf bezan, harf bezan ________________________ oh shepherd talk, talk
    Galleh parakande shodeh_________________________________ the herd has scattered
    Barre dar khaab gahe gorg panaahande shodeh_______________ the lamb has sheltered in the wolf's chamber

Poshte in saaketi yek donyaa hayaahoo ____________________ behind this silence is a world of turmoil
    Begu harfaat hame haghe, hame yaa hoo___________________ talk, all your words are the truth, all invocations of God

(1) Solomon and Hod Hod's story apparently initiates in Quran and we see many allusions to it in Persian poetry such as Molana's Masnavi and Attar's Manteghotteir. here, most probably it refers to Attar's story in which a group of birds (30 birds) start a travel to reach Simurgh and in the end thy find out that their unity is the real simurgh. in persian 30 is pronounced "Si" and birds "Murgh" now Simurgh is Si+Murgh

(2) Chelle neshin: it means a person who attends ceremonial seclusion for forty days in prayer and mortification. (usually done by the sufies and ascetics)
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare

Zahich said:

It's really a great and Expressive song , I am grateful to you for your valuable Help , Thanks for giving more explaination , i think you have succeeded to convey the meaning of this difficult song , i know it was not an easy task , you gave an instructive translation , It's very kind of you dear Afsaneh

afsaneh said:

you're welcome i'm happy you like the translation
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare