I'm trying to identify a music video I saw decades ago. I can't remember much of anything about the song, unfortunately. I only remember the end of the video.

The end of the video was simple line-drawn animation, and showed some abstract objects rotating. They looked to be made of squiggly black wire, and rotated on some kind of white turntable-like round surface. The abstract objects moved in pairs, I think.

As they rotated, each of the abstract pairs would merge in such a way that they would form some kind of recognizable image, like a face. Then they would rotate some more, and no longer look like anything except squiggly black wire. It was sort of like those clocks where the numbers break into pieces and then reform during certain times of the day to indicate the time. These objects were standing upright, however, not lying flat on the white surface. Sort of cylindrical in shape, possibly.

They may have been singular objects instead of pairs, in which case they only looked like recognizable images when they turned to a certain angle during their rotation.

At any given point, there would be one or two recognizable images, and the rest would still be abstract. I do remember that at the very end, the objects stop moving, but the music continues for a few seconds before the video ends.

I seem to associate the video with They Might Be Giants' video for "Constantinople", but it doesn't resemble either version of that video. I'm assuming that means that I saw it around the same time as the TMBG video, which would mean the early 90s.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm not sure how to better describe this. Thanks for any help you can give me.