Sweet Blonde said:

Here are the songs I need translated:

1. Kol el Bashar by Tamer Hosni
    2. Awel Ma Bashofak by Fadel Shaker
    3. Ashor Ya - Tamer Hosni

Shokran

|SwEeT ~ AnGeL| said:

Quote Originally Posted by ivybag View Post
    you're learning Modern Standard Arabic, the kind that is used in the news and books. it's quite different from any of the dialects, but if you want music in standard arabic try Kazem el-Saher he is quite prolific and sings mostly poetry. also Marcel Khalifa does a lot of MSA songs

There are like a million words for love in arabic. Hobb is the most basic, but there is also hawa, gharam, 3ashq, shouq, wajd, dunnaa, mahebba and really there are even more with all different subtle connotations!
    Yea,exactly..That's the type of arabic I learn,but is it useless?I mean,should I start leaning dialects,is that a better way to learn arabic?
    Because I wanna be a very good arabic-speaker...

Amro_rocks said:

I dont know why no one translates my Rami Ayash songs

Christeen said:

Default ramy ayash khalini m3ak translation.. specially for you :)

Quote Originally Posted by Amro_rocks View Post
    I dont know why no one translates my Rami Ayash songs
    Khaleeni Maak (let me stay with you)

Khaleeni ma3ak ewa3 etsebni (let me stay with you dont you dare leave me)
    7abeebi ana nefsi arta7 (cause darling I wish I could rest)
    Ana shoo2y eleek bi 3azebni (Im suffering from missing you badly)
    Ana 3omri ebtada bi lo2ak ( my life started when I met you)
    Ana nefsi 3ayesh 3omri eb 7alo
    Wala yashgelni 7abeebi la (2x)
    (I wish to live my hall life without anything to bother me beside you)

Ana 3asht sneen wana bastana ashoof lahfeti fey 3aineek
    (So many years passed by while Im waiting to see passion in your eyes)
    W fdelt kteer wana batmana w kol monaya ala2eek
    (oh God I Waited for so long And all I well ever want in this life is you)
    Gowaya ana leek 7ob el donya w shoo2 el 3alam kolo eleek 2x
    (Inside of me I have all the world love and passion only for you)
    Aah- ohh

Khaleeni ma3ak ewa3 etsebni
    7abeebi ana nefsi arta7
    Ana shoo2y eleek bi 3azebni
    Ana 3omri ebtada bi lo2ak
    Ana nefsi 3ayesh 3omri eb 7alo
    Wala yashgelni 7abeebi la - 2x

Amro_rocks said:

oooooooooooooooooooo thanks thanks thanks
  6. Maramero said:

Hey guys i saw this fantastic site...I love to listen to arabic music, but i never understand what they are saying, so its nice to see people helping each other to understand the arabic lyrics...Even if i am a moroccon girl i am not an arab and i am from Amsterdam ...Well enough about me...I search the english translation of these 2 songs of tamer hosny:

1) Bashof kalam
    2) Areft elly feha

Tnx .. Maramero!!

persianleyla said:

oh wow thank you soo much |SwEeT ~ AnGeL| , Christeen and ivybag
    i now understand the endings of the words, thanks so much! but i guess with those endings i would have to know some verbs right? haha okayy so imma make a list of some verbs i wish to know, if you guys can help me that`d be great.

To be:
    To go:
    To do:
    To dance:
    To talk:
    To play:
    To make:
    To sing:
    To have:
    To want:
    To like:
    To love:
    To hate:
    To kiss:
    To hug:
    To eat:
    To sleep:

and thats all i`ll ask for now , thankss so much =)
  8. DarkRulerKida said:

Default Yo!

Anybody got translations for Amr Diab-Mayal?
    Also, i'm not sure if it's arabic, bt translation for Salaam-E-Ishq?
    just wondering
    "Your loves lies in this tangible, dying world. My love lies elsewhere."

cipriana said:

Unhappy Please help me

Hi....can someone help me and find me the lyrics of some songs,cause i dont find them ..PLEASE...I need the lyrics in arabic,english phonetics...and if someone can translate me and the songs...I'll be very happy Please help me

The songs are :

1.Amr Diab - Ana mahma kibirt
    2.Zeyad Burji - Ana qalby

If no one find the lyrics....please translate me the title of these songs please..

Thank you

|SwEeT ~ AnGeL| said:

Quote Originally Posted by persianleyla View Post
    oh wow thank you soo much |SwEeT ~ AnGeL| , Christeen and ivybag
    i now understand the endings of the words, thanks so much! but i guess with those endings i would have to know some verbs right? haha okayy so imma make a list of some verbs i wish to know, if you guys can help me that`d be great.

To be:
    To go:
    To do:
    To dance:
    To talk:
    To play:
    To make:
    To sing:
    To have:
    To want:
    To like:
    To love:
    To hate:
    To kiss:
    To hug:
    To eat:
    To sleep:

and thats all i`ll ask for now , thankss so much =)

U welcome!

I'll try my best girl,but someone had to correct me if I'm WRONG!

To be = Kaana
    To go = Dahaba
    To do = 3amala
    To dance = Raqasa
    To talk = Tahaddatha (The "TH" as in THINK"
    To play = La3eba
    To make = Sana3a
    To sing = Ghanna ( The "GH" is like when U're saying the name Khaled )
    To have = Malaka
    To want = Araada or "Bidda"
    To like = A7abba
    To love = A7abba
    To hate = Kareha
    To kiss = Qabbala (I hope U know how to read the "Q")
    To hug = 3aanaqa (Do U know what "3" is?
    To eat = Akala
    To sleep = Naama

I hooope that helped..!

Take care;*
    Last edited by |SwEeT ~ AnGeL|; 05-29-2007 at 10:35 AM.

Angelus said:

sweet angel, what accent are those in? and the Q can be written as 2 as well sa7?

|SwEeT ~ AnGeL| said:

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    sweet angel, what accent are those in? and the Q can be written as 2 as well sa7?

Well..That's kind of Arabic I learn when I'm taking lessons. I think it's kind of accent they usually undertand EVERYWHERE in the arabic world.

The Q is NOT writtin as 2,but as a 5. I wish I could explain it little bit more,but did U undertand me now? Do U know how we read the 5?

Take care!

persianleyla said:

Quote Originally Posted by |SwEeT ~ AnGeL| View Post
    U welcome!

I'll try my best girl,but someone had to correct me if I'm WRONG!

To be = Kaana
    To go = Dahaba
    To do = 3amala
    To dance = Raqasa
    To talk = Tahaddatha (The "TH" as in THINK"
    To play = La3eba
    To make = Sana3a
    To sing = Ghanna ( The "GH" is like when U're saying the name Khaled )
    To have = Malaka
    To want = Araada or "Bidda"
    To like = A7abba
    To love = A7abba
    To hate = Kareha
    To kiss = Qabbala (I hope U know how to read the "Q")
    To hug = 3aanaqa (Do U know what "3" is?
    To eat = Akala
    To sleep = Naama

I hooope that helped..!

Take care;*
    yess that helped soo much , thanks soo much hun
    and yes i do know what a "3", "2" and "7" are , could you explain to me what the rest of the numbers represent? i see that "5" represents Q
    okayy so like if i wanted to use these verbs for i, you, her, him, we type of thing whats the stem of it? do i take the a off and add the endings for i, you, her him etc? or like how would you use these verbs in a sentance
    cuz i know when you wanna say i want you say ana bidi or just bidi so would the ending for I be "i"
    and how come to love is a7abba but "i love you" is behibak? is behib another form of to love?
    sorry if what i`m asking is kinda confusing lool arabic is already confusing enough but thankss soo much for your help
    i really , truly appreciate it =)
    and also how would you say "i miss you" cause i have heard many forms of it but which one is most common?

Angelus said:

Quote Originally Posted by |SwEeT ~ AnGeL| View Post
    Well..That's kind of Arabic I learn when I'm taking lessons. I think it's kind of accent they usually undertand EVERYWHERE in the arabic world.

The Q is NOT writtin as 2,but as a 5. I wish I could explain it little bit more,but did U undertand me now? Do U know how we read the 5?

Take care!
    so that makes it modern standard arabic a.k.a. classical arabic... but the 5 is an H.. i can read all the digits actually... and the 5=7' as in 7'alas or 5alas....and im sure of this, i have had it confirmed from egypt and saudi long time ago... the Q i have rarely seen think last time was in Qosad 3einy...which is also written as 2osad 3eeni...

Angelus said:

Quote Originally Posted by persianleyla View Post
    yess that helped soo much , thanks soo much hun
    and yes i do know what a "3", "2" and "7" are , could you explain to me what the rest of the numbers represent? i see that "5" represents Q
    okayy so like if i wanted to use these verbs for i, you, her, him, we type of thing whats the stem of it? do i take the a off and add the endings for i, you, her him etc? or like how would you use these verbs in a sentance
    cuz i know when you wanna say i want you say ana bidi or just bidi so would the ending for I be "i"
    and how come to love is a7abba but "i love you" is behibak? is behib another form of to love?
    sorry if what i`m asking is kinda confusing lool arabic is already confusing enough but thankss soo much for your help
    i really , truly appreciate it =)
    and also how would you say "i miss you" cause i have heard many forms of it but which one is most common?
    me and rock star have all the digits explained in a few posts, think best summary is under amal hejazi thread here http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ar...al-hejazi.html
  16. greek-powa said:

Hey everybody

in fact .. girls you are a lil bit confused ..
    well we use numbers in written arabic with latin letters cuz some arabic letters dont exist in latin so we write them as numbers , for example : 2 = a , 5 : h ( as in efharisto ) , 7 = sa7 ( right in arabic ) , 3 = O ( as in Omar the firstname ) , 8 = h ( as in hello ) , 9 = Q ( as in Quran the holly book ) ,4 = sh ( as in shell )..

And for " persianleyla " when she said : how come to love is a7abba but "i love you" is behibak , its right that I love you is behibak because in arabic the verb takes many forms in conjuguation for example for the verb " to love " = a7abba : I love = o7ibbo , you love = to7ibbo , he loves = yo7ibbo , she loves = to7ibbo , we love = no7ibbo , you love (plural) = to7ibbouna , they love ( male ) = yo7ibbouna , they love ( female ) = to7ibbna

arabic is quite hard guys .. anyway Im always here if u need some help ...
    Last edited by greek-powa; 05-30-2007 at 08:47 AM.

Angelus said:

lol greek powa... why did my arabs tell me 9 is an s then.. as in 9aaban 3alaya the amr diab song? which also makes the 3 not an o as in omar..and hamada helal's domou3.he says domouA o.O ... and i never seen an 8 anywhere..and by my arabs i mean lots of people in saudi egypt oman lebanon etc... where are you from?
    Last edited by Angelus; 05-30-2007 at 10:53 AM.

Angelus said:

and those explanations in the thread i posted.... rock star is egyptian and confirmed my writings....

|SwEeT ~ AnGeL| said:

Greek-Powa...Exactly, U gave an excellent explanition! Thank U so much!
    Angelus--> I hope now U undertstand it,I'm not a good teacher as U see.. :P Q like when U're saying (Quran) I guess U know how we say that..

*By the way..I knew how we say all those arabic alphatets b4 I even started taking arabic lessons,it's because I have the same alphatet in my language (Somali) But where are U from Angelus?

Angelus said:

fair enough about Quran i know that.. but its arabs that write qosad 3eeny... and they agreed its the same as 2osad 3eeni ...and even if you listen to amr diab saying it.... man this digit thing is too much lol

me im armenian born in bulgaria but i have an arabic soul lol..so learning from people and i do have looots of arab friends all over the ME... i known them over 10 years ...