Need help finding name of artist and song

Thread: Need help finding name of artist and song

Tags: None
  1. srobi280 said:

Default Need help finding name of artist and song

This is a rap song which I have been looking for literally for years. Here is a brief history of it. I found it on an unmarked mix tape which my cousin had given to me around 1996 or 1997. I have no idea what the title of the song, or the name of the artist is. I didn't start trying to find it until around 2001. I asked my cousin, and he has no idea what it is either. After listening to it over and over again, I realized that there are no rappers on there that I recognise. I have tried to google the lyrics and have come up with nothing. I even took it to tower records and strawberries, but they had no clue either. I have the tape somewhere still, but I don't know where it is at the moment. I'm gonna start writing the lyrics down from memory, which may or may not be accurate, and will have a lot of parts missing.

(song starts off with something like a flute playing softly and goes into a rap beat after a few seconds)

(this is the first few lines of the first verse)
    I'm sick of all the fakeness, yes,
    rappers taking [............] talking about [......]
    [............] assasinated you get [......] like malcolm X

(this is the chorus, which I remember the best)
    The abyss, the place for the weakest (wicked?) of the world to exist
    you falling in a bottomless pit, the abyss,
    watching all your [.........] getting dismissed,
    creep into the darkness, known as the abyss

(heres the beginning of another verse)
    Hold onto your hats and glasses
    its time the shadow began bustin'
    I step to the microphone not knowin' who I should be trustin'
    Cuz lately lots of MCs be [.....]
    (something something) studio gang
    But I can hang [.......]
    [........] half of these rappers, it aint nothin but a superstition

Thats all the lyrics I can remember off the top of my head. I know they talk a lot about getting dismissed into the "hip-hop abyss", studio gangsters, etc.

Please help me find out what this is! I've been trying to find it for many many years!

2. madafaka said:

i have this song on my Mini dISC walkman...im searchin also this song in mp3 format.

3. Frank B. said:

Quote Originally Posted by madafaka View Post
    i have this song on my Mini dISC walkman...im searchin also this song in mp3 format.
    Mada, I have to say I like your user name. Wonder if anybody else understands. Thanks.

4. madafaka said:

i dont think that its hard to figure out =)))

5. madafaka said:

to: srobi280. the name of the song is Abyss and the artist is Shadow.

6. madafaka said:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xekyyz1mznz whole albom of Shadow. enjoy. happ new year )))