Things that make you go hmmm. Rollings Stones question about stereo "Satisfaction"?:

Thread: Things that make you go hmmm. Rollings Stones question about stereo "Satisfaction"?:

Tags: None
  1. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Thumbs up Solved:Things that make you go hmm. Rollings Stones question for stereo Satisfaction?

Which Rolling Stones record album has "Can't Get No (Satisfaction)", that is recorded in true stereo sound of where you can hear separate tracks in both speakers, from its song. On the record albums of "Hot Rocks" and "Out Of Our Heads", the record says that it was recorded in stereo, but as an exception, the song "Can't Get No (Satisfaction)" was recorded in mono, when I listened to the song on vinyl. On the radio, I did hear the song "Can't Get No (Satisfaction)" by the Rolling Stones in true stereo sound.
    Last edited by Most Wanted Jamz; 12-12-2015 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Solved

2. Grendl2000 said:

I have heard that the British CD release of Hot Rocks features "Satisfaction" in a stereo mix. It's on London/Polygram. Good luck finding it. Of course, the mono version is the one we heard on the radio all those years.

3. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Question Thanks, But I am looking for this stereo mix on record (vinyl):

Thanks, but I am still looking for this stereo mix on a 33 rpm record (vinyl).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendl2000 View Post
    I have heard that the British CD release of Hot Rocks features "Satisfaction" in a stereo mix. It's on London/Polygram. Good luck finding it. Of course, the mono version is the one we heard on the radio all those years.

4. Grendl2000 said:

I'm pretty sure it was never released in the U.S. in "true stereo" on any of the original Stones albums. You can get the "electronically reprocessed stereo" version of "Out of Our Heads," but that is ridiculous. It was recorded at then state of the art RCA Studios in Hollywood, so it should be available in stereo. Why not is a mystery.

I would recommend looking for a Japanese import - the CD version of "Hot Rocks" has a stereo version, so perhaps the vinyl version does as well. The other option is a bootleg.

5. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Thumbs up Thanks.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendl2000 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was never released in the U.S. in "true stereo" on any of the original Stones albums. You can get the "electronically reprocessed stereo" version of "Out of Our Heads," but that is ridiculous. It was recorded at then state of the art RCA Studios in Hollywood, so it should be available in stereo. Why not is a mystery.

I would recommend looking for a Japanese import - the CD version of "Hot Rocks" has a stereo version, so perhaps the vinyl version does as well. The other option is a bootleg.

6. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Somebody told me that the stereo mix of Can't Get No Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones is only available on CD, as it was never released on vinyl. The Japanese CD of Hot Rocks might be a good bet. Perhaps the stereo mix of Can't Get No Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones would also be on a stereo reel to reel tape, when original recordings in the old days use to be recorded on reel to reel tapes.