Reputation system questions

Thread: Reputation system questions

Tags: None

istanbulgal said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate_Worrier View Post
    To be honest, I'd prefer it if someone took the time to thank me via PM or on the forums themselves.
    I agree and it is these type of messages without rep.points that are more meaningful for me and what has started friendships, but i guess time is always an issue for all....some of us, like myself, have little time and when i have, i do translations more than play.

I would not pay too much attention to the numbers you get added or taken away, just be nice and have fun!!
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
    Albert Einstein

El raisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by jandros View Post

And Elraisa, thank you also, and you know that I value your opinion. Compliments always count more than a numbe.....
    thanks..this means alot to me...

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Quote Originally Posted by istanbulgal View Post
    I would not pay too much attention to the numbers you get added or taken away, just be nice and have fun!!
    If you actually read my previous posts, you'd find out I don't care one jot for the reputation points.
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.

jandros said:

I have a slightly different question if I may ask, about the Buddy List: Is there any real advantage to using a Buddy List? I don't use it, just because I don't that option to "exclude"anyone that I might forget to put on the list. But I'm a little curious about it.

I have also discovered the "Ignore" option. That can be used to hide all posts from a specific member. I'm sure that can be a rather helpful feature, but of course only in very extreme cases.
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

Steena said:

jandros ... you can use the buddy list for example to have a fast check if any of your friends is online right now or writing them a PM in no time without searching for a post of theirs.
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

jandros said:

Thanks Steena, especially for such a quick reply!
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate_Worrier View Post
    If you actually read my previous posts, you'd find out I don't care one jot for the reputation points.
    So, Ultimate Worrier, how come I can't give you ANY reputation points? I have in the past because, frankly, you make me laugh and I like your "dark" but knowledgeable contributions. However, now I don't even have an option of adding reputation. I know you don't care, so, did you switch it off? Just curious.

Steena said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    So, Ultimate Worrier, how come I can't give you ANY reputation points? I have in the past because, frankly, you make me laugh and I like your "dark" but knowledgeable contributions. However, now I don't even have an option of adding reputation. I know you don't care, so, did you switch it off? Just curious.
    That is because this account has been suspended due to constant misbehavior. You cannot give reputations to users who are not part of the board anymore.

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by Steena View Post
    That is because this account has been suspended due to constant misbehavior. You cannot give reputations to users who are not part of the board anymore.
    Gotcha. I guess I haven't been paying attention. I'm glad someone is!!!!!! Thanks, Steena.

jandros said:

Steena, I just want to "ditto" Damarys and say thanks again to you and all moderators for making this such a great forum. This is a little off-topic, but it's an irresistable opportunity to say thanks again, for all of the good information here and for everything else

haria said:

I only just figured out what reputation was today! haha
    Oh well... i dont think i need any lol..im useless i always ask the questions

I just want to say a big thank you for the Croatian Serbian and Bosnian translators.. i wish i had understood the sytem before to show my thanks!!!

I agree with the post quoted in the above post... we need a special reputation point for those who do so much tranlating and cleaning up of our forums!... like the member Spring!

Spring said:

And I was wondering who just increased my reputation! Thank you haria! that is so nice of you!
    One thing.. when you add to someone's reputation, write also your name in the text so that they would know who gave it to them
    If you look at yours, in your CP, you will surely see something starting with Spring:....

Adrienne said:

I was wondering what does the REFERRAL thing mean in our profiles?
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

Steena said:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
    I was wondering what does the REFERRAL thing mean in our profiles?
    When someone registers here because of you, you'll get a referral.
    Some boards have a special field for this during registration, I think ATL has a person link for every person. You will find your personal link here: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/fa...errals_explain and in case someone registers here, using this one (because you gave it to him), you'll get one point for referral.

velvet_sky said:

It's when you send the link of the forum to someone who then register here as a new member.
    What are referrals?
    Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

Adrienne said:

Oh I didnt know that! I got 4 referrals, but I dont really know who registered here because of me... There is no way to find that out?

Thanks to both of you dear
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

velvet_sky said:

You're welcome
    Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

Spring said:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
    Oh I didnt know that! I got 4 referrals, but I dont really know who registered here because of me... There is no way to find that out?

Thanks to both of you dear
    I was wondering about it the other day cause I saw I had two of those so I searched the FAQ
    And I also didn't use the link.. maybe I posted a link to the forums somewhere or I gave it to someone lol
    Anyways I don't think there's a way to find out

El raisa said:

Are there new arrangments in Reputation system , I noticed latly that mine is not increasing with the value that suppose the giver have (for example 2 instead of 4 )? I am giving 4 instead of 8 ?
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

Steena said:

Yes, about three days ago some things were changed:

Quote Originally Posted by jeez
    Some factors in reputation power calculation were changed, it decreased number of points user can give. The reason for such changes was too high reputation powers.