please can someone translate....im really desperate!!!! ASAP!!! :)

Thread: please can someone translate....im really desperate!!!! ASAP!!! :)

Tags: None
  1. safrican said:

Question please can someone translate....im really desperate!!!! ASAP!!! :)

I realise its long... but can someone please help me???
    im desperate!!!! and a lot of words are names of places that dont really need translation so please just have a look!

We have 3 main sports in South Africa: cricket, rugby and soccer (football). In 2007 we won the rugby world cup and in 2010 we are hosting the fifa football world cup. South Africans love watching sports with a group of friends while having a braii (a traditional Barbeque) with boerewors (A type of mince meat sausage) and adding in a swim if the weather is good, and a beer while watching the game just makes everything perfect.

We have many things in South Africa, which are “Proudly South African” from main foods like pap and woers (a porridge type starch made from corn and the mince meat sausage) to deserts like milktart (it tastes similar to sahlep, but it is a pudding, not a drink.) and Koeksisters (which is similar to “X”). South Africa is also famous for our artistic things, especially our African beadwork and clothes. There is also a lot of wood carving and ostrich egg painting. Although we are an English speaking country, we also have our very own unique South African twist on many words…for instance, we call a traffic light a “”robot”, corn a “miellie” and a mandarin a “naartjie”.

The main tourist attraction of South Africa is, without a doubt, our wild life. We are famouse for “the big five” which consist of the lion, leopard, buffalo, rhinosorous and elephant. Our biggest and most famous national park is the “Kruger National Park” but my roccomendation would be to go to a private game farm…the experience is much better and more unique.

sirenez said:

I sent you a personal message which is about your translation. I hope it'll be usefull for you.