Which decade has the best music?

Thread: Which decade has the best music?

Tags: None
  1. mycoolgirl said:

Default Which decade has the best music?

Hi There,
    The 80’s were the best decade for music, next to the 90's, who agree? I was born in 85 so I didn't get a chance to listen to all the amazing music as they were coming out.

Today's music is horrible. I can never find myself listening to all the crap they come out with today, besides Country and some Rock (I listen to all genres). 80's & 90's Rock, Rap, and Hip Hop is the best by far.
    What is your opinion?
  2. Gypsy_Road said:

Smile Me too!

I agree the '80s were the best decade musically. All genres were great in that decade (apart from ska). I could listen to '80s stuff all day. I was born in '87 and I think it must have been an awesome time to experience (but maybe some who did might disagree?!).

Some '90s music is OK but I don't like Britpop - bands like Oasis and the one with Jarvis Cocker (Pulp?). And '90s fashion is disgusting. There's some good rock tunes from this decade, but I hate modern RnB and I don't understand why it's so popular.
    All right, rude boy?

mjao said:

Quote Originally Posted by mycoolgirl View Post
    Hi There,
    The 80’s were the best decade for music, next to the 90's, who agree? I was born in 85 so I didn't get a chance to listen to all the amazing music as they were coming out.

Today's music is horrible. I can never find myself listening to all the crap they come out with today, besides Country and some Rock (I listen to all genres). 80's & 90's Rock, Rap, and Hip Hop is the best by far.
    What is your opinion?
    -Agree...80s the best...
  4. lagirl4music said:

The 80's really? late 60's/early 70's
  5. Bellena said:

Well I think there is an equal compaction between 70’s and 80’s, So for me it’s a tie. I love both 70’s and 80’s music.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Attached Images
  6. mikebeatz1 said:

I have to agree with lagirl4music, 60's-70s! 80s is usually known to have the worst
  7. ALAMEDA said:

I think 80s were the most eclectic. 60s & 70s had some good rock music (ok, also funk, and soul), but in 80s there was anything from synthpop to industrial... A highly original decade.