Daydream said:

Quote Originally Posted by red_rose View Post
    ياجامدياجامد سوكاااااااااا
    هههههههههههههههه
    عايزك تظبطه عشان محدش عارف يلمه كل يوم عامل مشاكل في حديقة الحيوان مع الأسد

whats that mean?
    ohh tough guy tough guy thank youuuuu
    hahahahahaha
    I want you to fix him because no one else knows how to collect him, everyday he makes trouble at the zoo with the lion
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream View Post
    btw I understand words being starred out due to no profanity on the site but it makes it difficult trying to figure out from time to time what the mystery letters are when translating especially mid-word :\ in carmen's post it took me a minute lol but I got it
    Who stars it out?

Daydream said:

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Who stars it out?
    English curse words are automatically starred out Im pretty sure the admins select which words are on the ban list and once we submit a reply with any of those words they turn into asterisks? Not too sure about the technical stuff but if it can be altered so as they're only starred out if they're typed on their own and not mid-word it'd make it slightly easier

like with carmen e7kykeh was censored due to the 4 letters in the middle and there's no need for that ban in the Arabic forum or other languages cuz for the most part I haven't seen any unfriendly behavior and sometimes we have words that can contain bad words in between, but it's totally understandable
  4. kaka said:

How to say in egyptian arabic or lebanese?

- why you didnt tell me? (female to female)

- why i don't know (expressing that someone didnt tell her something)

VivaPalestina said:

I feel so innocent, bas whats the bad word you're refering to Daydream?

Quote Originally Posted by kaka View Post
    How to say in egyptian arabic or lebanese?

- why you didnt tell me? (female to female)

- why i don't know (expressing that someone didnt tell her something)
    Kaka -

-leh ma 2iltili?

-leh ma ba3raf bil mawdo3?

Zahra2008 said:

translation please:

kan lazem ab2a m3akoo..we el ezaza de tkon fe my hand
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

Lina-xox said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    translation please:

kan lazem ab2a m3akoo..we el ezaza de tkon fe my hand
    I was supposed to be with you...and this bottle should have been in my hand
  8. jenny063009 said:

Question

"Anna bahriff inta juyen, but hodda seam? Wok iff shukrend. Lish dovehauck. Inta niem?"

I realize that some of these words may not be the correct way to say it in english but i have no clue what this means can anyone help me please??

red_rose said:

واحد عصبي بيقول لمراته هقولك حاجة غريبة حصلت.. احتمال متصدقيهاش وتقولي عليا كداب بس اهوه انتي اللي كدابه وستين كدابة انتي واهلك كلهم .. يلا غوري علي بيت ابوكي وانا هعصب نفسي ليه انتي طالق بالتلاتة

VivaPalestina said:

واحد عصبي بيقول لمراته هقولك حاجة غريبة حصلت.. احتمال متصدقيهاش وتقولي عليا كداب بس اهوه انتي اللي كدابه وستين كدابة انتي واهلك كلهم .. يلا غوري علي بيت ابوكي وانا هعصب نفسي ليه انتي طالق بالتلاتة
    Erm Rose sweetie where did you get this Maybe its part of a joke? It says...

A hot tempered man told his wife, im gonna tell you something strange that happened..you might not believe me and call me a liar, but you are the liar, sixty liars, you and your family..yallah get out of my face and go to your dads home, why shall I get annoyed, you're divorced by the three (three times, i.e no return)

red_rose said:

ouch - its not a funny joke though is it?

red_rose said:

I think this has to do with the Egyptian guy who was in love with a Lebanese girl.. the family denied the marriage so he killed 4 members of her family.. then the citizens had beaten him.. he was taken by police to the hospital where the cop left from guarding his room and more angry citizens came in and beat him.. they killed him and after he was dead they dragged his nude corpse in the streets and hung him.. At least thats how I heard the story anyhow it says..

The Egyptian citizen has become abolished from Lebanon, beaten in Sudan, ruled out from Kuwait, thrashed in Saudi Arabia, hated in Algeria.. and crushed/chopped in his own country
    thanks for providing da background info

Daydream said:

Quote Originally Posted by jenny063009 View Post
    "Anna bahriff inta juyen, but hodda seam? Wok iff shukrend. Lish dovehauck. Inta niem?"

I realize that some of these words may not be the correct way to say it in english but i have no clue what this means can anyone help me please??

ana bahriff inta juyen: ana b3ref enta: I know that you are jayeen? - coming? jow3an: hungry? but Hoda (the name?) seam (dont know what this is either)
    Wok iff shukrend - wlak alf shokran? - Man a thousand thanks

Lish dovehauck - why dovehauck? (dont understand it)
    inta niem - are you asleep?

I replaced words with what I assume they meant and some I have nooo clue.. so I hope this helps unless u remember anything else

Daydream said:

thanks for providing da background info
    no problem dear.. the clip is on youtube its really horrific.. :\ I found the newsfeed in English but Ive heard other versions as well.. in any case.. two wrongs dont make a right and its just disturbing so I suggest not watching the clip. The murderer was a sick person and the people who murdered the alleged murderer are equally as sick.

This is the English version:

Lebanese officials said on Friday they would bring to justice angry villagers who killed a murder suspect and strung his body up with a butcher's hook in a revenge attack that has shocked the country.

The murder suspect, Mohammed Msallem, an Egyptian living in the southeastern mountain village of Ketermaya, was arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of killing an elderly couple and their two young granddaughters.

When police brought him to the scene of the crime on Thursday, an angry mob overwhelmed the policemen and beat Msallem with sticks and stones and stabbed him.

To cheers and applause, they stripped him to his underwear and socks, paraded him through the street and hoisted him up on an electricity pole with a butcher's hook.

Lebanese troops eventually arrived and took away his corpse.

"These are actions that the human conscience cannot accept," said Justice Minister Ibrahim Najjar Friday, who condemned the crime as barbaric and said it would blacken Lebanon's image. "We know the names of 10 people and the courts have to do their work."
    ad_icon

Lebanese President Michel Suleiman said he had ordered the Interior Minister and Justice Minister to go after the perpetrators and impose "severe punishments" on them, the National News Agency quoted him as saying.

Mobile phone footage of the lynching was aired on television and dominated newspaper coverage and talk shows Friday.

Many of the villagers Friday were unrepentant, others said authorities had to bear some responsibility for sending the suspect out in public with only a few policemen.

"We thank the security forces for giving us the murderer as a gift so that we could seek revenge for our children with our own hands," Khaled al-Sayyed, a grocery seller, told Reuters.

The Egyptian embassy in Beirut denounced the murder of Msallem "even though he was in the hands of justice."

Security sources said Msallem he had confessed to the crime but his motive was not clear.

VivaPalestina said:

ouch - its not a funny joke though is it?
    Not really ya 7ilwe, but maybe we're missing something...

red_rose said:

what does allah yisallimik mean?

red_rose said:

no problem dear.. the clip is on youtube its really horrific.. :\ I found the newsfeed in English but Ive heard other versions as well.. in any case.. two wrongs dont make a right and its just disturbing so I suggest not watching the clip. The murderer was a sick person and the people who murdered the alleged murderer are equally as sick.

Lebanese officials said on Friday they would bring to justice angry villagers who killed a murder suspect and strung his body up with a butcher's hook in a revenge attack that has shocked the country.

The murder suspect, Mohammed Msallem, an Egyptian living in the southeastern mountain village of Ketermaya, was arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of killing an elderly couple and their two young granddaughters.

When police brought him to the scene of the crime on Thursday, an angry mob overwhelmed the policemen and beat Msallem with sticks and stones and stabbed him.

To cheers and applause, they stripped him to his underwear and socks, paraded him through the street and hoisted him up on an electricity pole with a butcher's hook.

so sad subhan allah
  18. jenny063009 said:

ana bahriff inta juyen: ana b3ref enta: I know that you are jayeen? - coming? jow3an: hungry? but Hoda (the name?) seam (dont know what this is either)
    Wok iff shukrend - wlak alf shokran? - Man a thousand thanks

Lish dovehauck - why dovehauck? (dont understand it)
    inta niem - are you asleep?

I replaced words with what I assume they meant and some I have nooo clue.. so I hope this helps unless u remember anything else
    haha, yeah i figured some of the words wouldnt make sense but thanks for helping out as much as u could

citlalli said:

Lebanese troops eventually arrived and took away his corpse.

"These are actions that the human conscience cannot accept," said Justice Minister Ibrahim Najjar Friday, who condemned the crime as barbaric and said it would blacken Lebanon's image. "We know the names of 10 people and the courts have to do their work."
    ad_icon

Lebanese President Michel Suleiman said he had ordered the Interior Minister and Justice Minister to go after the perpetrators and impose "severe punishments" on them, the National News Agency quoted him as saying.

Mobile phone footage of the lynching was aired on television and dominated newspaper coverage and talk shows Friday.

Many of the villagers Friday were unrepentant, others said authorities had to bear some responsibility for sending the suspect out in public with only a few policemen.

"We thank the security forces for giving us the murderer as a gift so that we could seek revenge for our children with our own hands," Khaled al-Sayyed, a grocery seller, told Reuters.

The Egyptian embassy in Beirut denounced the murder of Msallem "even though he was in the hands of justice."

Security sources said Msallem he had confessed to the crime but his motive was not clear.

OMG, that's quite disturbing :? :?:?
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

red_rose said:

whats difference between teslam and shukran and what does allah yisallimik mean?