English Translation..."Come un fiume"..."Nomadi"

Thread: English Translation..."Come un fiume"..."Nomadi"

Tags: None

DR__ADEL said:

Default English Translation..."Come un fiume"..."Nomadi"

Ha l'odore dell'America Latina, come i sogni fatti un po' di terra e fango
    she has the odour of latin america , like dreams made aliffle of earth and mud
    come i piedi di chi è stanco ma cammina, perché sa che questa vita è solo un viaggio
    like the feet of someone tired but walks , because he knows that this life is only a journey
    una strada che non sai dove ti porta, se un giorno ti portasse in qualche posto
    a street that u don't know where it takes u , if one day it would take u in some place
    nei villaggi delle case sfilacciate, dove vivere è una lotta ad ogni costo.
    in villages of shred houses , where living is a fight on every cost
    Tante volte l'ho incontrato giù al mercato, con quell'aria battagliera
    many times , i've met her down at the market , with that "i think scarf ? "
    che lo invade con lo spirito guerriero del soldato, che si rialza cento volte quando cade
    that invades him with the worrior spirit of a soldier , who gets up 100 times when he falls
    perché sa che si alzerà con altri cento, che tra i campi ha visto
    because he knows that he will get up with other 100 , who have seen him through the camps "am starting to lose the meaning "
    nascere e morire come nasce e muore lì un colpo di vento, la speranza e la voglia di dire.
    birth and death , like born and death there , is a fault of wind , the surprise and the will to say

Ai signori della guerra diamo il sangue perché è un sangue che sa scorrere lontano
    to the masters of war , we give our blood because blood knows how to flow far
    come un fiume che attraversa un continente ed invade tutti gli altri piano piano
    like a river that crosses a continent , and invades all others , slowly slowly
    ai padroni della guerra diamo il sangue perché è un sangue che sa scorrere lontano
    to the masters of war , we give our blood because blood knows how to flow far
    come un fiume che attraversa un continente ed invade tutti gli altri piano piano.
    like a river that crosses a continent , and invades all others , slowly slowly

Ha lo sguardo dell'America Latina, delle mogli, delle madri che ogni sera
    i've the look of latin america, of the wives , of the mothers that every night
    aspettano con ansia la mattina, e ogni mattina aspettano la sera
    wait with anxiety the morning , and every morning wait the night
    e non sanno mai se ridere o pregare, qualche dio che è l' affacciato alla finestra
    and they never know wether to laugh or to pray
    perché a volte dio non sa cosa ascoltare, e fingendo muove la testa.
    I can't translate this out of religeous reasons ..!!..It lacks respect

Tante volte l'ho incontrato nei sobborghi, o dai vicoli sbucare tra i palazzi
    many times i've met him in the outskirts , or from lanes coming out of buildings
    come un faro che punta la sua luce, sui bambini che corrono scalzi
    like a light house that points it's light , on children who run with barefoot
    ed è lì che stringe i pugni un'altra volta, e un'altra volta corre a lottare
    and it's there that he tightens his fist another time , and another time runs to fight
    ha il cavallo più veloce del vento, questo vento che sta per cambiare.
    has the horse faster than the wind , that wind that's here to change

Ai signori della guerra diamo il sangue perché è un sangue che sa scorrere lontano

come un fiume che attraversa un continente ed invade tutti gli altri piano piano

ai padroni della guerra diamo il sangue perché è un sangue che sa scorrere lontano

come un fiume che attraversa un continente ed invade tutti gli altri piano piano.

==============================

I can't get the meaning of that one ...basically , !what's the song trying to say !! :O

Ligeia said:

Ha l'odore dell'America Latina, come i sogni fatti un po' di terra e fango/ He has the odour of latin america , like dreams made a little of earth and mud

Tante volte l'ho incontrato giù al mercato, con quell'aria battagliera/ many times , i've met him at the market, with that combative look/air

perché sa che si alzerà con altri cento, che tra i campi ha visto/because he knows that he will get up with other 100 men that he's met among the fields
    nascere e morire come nasce e muore lì un colpo di vento, la speranza e la voglia di dire./ to live and to die like a gust of wind, hope and the will to say do

Ai signori della guerra diamo il sangue perché è un sangue che sa scorrere lontano/to the masters of war , we give our blood because (ours) it's a blood that can flow very far

Ha lo sguardo dell'America Latina, delle mogli, delle madri che ogni sera/ he has the look of latin america...

I have no problem of any kind with religion, so let's not leave things half-done:
    e non sanno mai se ridere o pregare, qualche dio che è l' affacciato alla finestra/and they never know wether to laugh or to pray to a god which is looking out of the window
    perché a volte dio non sa cosa ascoltare, e fingendo muove la testa./ because sometimes god doesn't know what to listen to, and so it pretends and nods its head
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

DR__ADEL said:

and what is the song trying to say ?
    maybe that war is bad ?... but why latin america ?...

Ligeia said:

It could be about a revolutionary and the war he's fighting against the "masters of war".

Many "left-wing" artist have often sung about America Latina, because it's an amazing place with such a rich history of guerrillas, revolutionaries, strong people and some of the best writers i've ever read.
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"