Needs lyrics and translation for 2 songs

Thread: Needs lyrics and translation for 2 songs

Tags: None
  1. howlong said:

Default Needs lyrics and translation for 2 songs

mistakee
    Last edited by howlong; 10-10-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Ligeia said:

This brings back old memories...when I was a younger, I used to watch the Giro while doing my homeworks!

Sigla giro d'Italia

Apro gli occhi e sono su/ i open my eyes and I'm up there
    il gruppo e lontano non lo vedo già più/ the group is distant, I can't see it anymore
    pedalo pedalo arrivo alla cima/ I keep pedaling, I get to the top
    al Tour e alla Vuelta penserò domattina/ tomorrow I'll think about the Tour and the Vuelta
    la rabbia mi spinge mi porta distante/ anger pushes me, takes me far away
    in salita e in discesa mi mangio un tornante/uphill and downhill, I eat a hairpin turn up
    dietro e davanti mi applaudono in tanti/ behind and ahead many are cheering me on

Vorrei restar sempre così/ I'd like to be like this forever
    in maglia rosa e poi/ wearing the maglia rosa (pink shirt)
    in mezzo le moto sorpassano/ in the middle the motorcycles overtake
    la fatica tocca solo a me/ I'm the only one who's sweating
    ma ho voluto la bici e adesso..../ but I wanted the bike and now

E adesso pedala/ and now, get a move on!
    la bici l'ho voluta io/ I wanted the bike
    e tiro la volata ormai/ and now I start the final sprint
    Last edited by Ligeia; 10-09-2012 at 07:06 AM.
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

Ligeia said:

Due ragazzi del borgo cresciuti troppo in fretta/ two boys from the suburb
    un'unica passione per la bicicletta/ the same passion for the bike
    un incrocio di destini in una strana storia/ two fates, meeting in a strange story
    di cui nei giorni nostri si è persa la memoria/ whose memory is lost nowadays
    una storia d'altri tempi, di prima del motore/ a tale of older times, before the engine
    quando si correva per rabbia o per amore/ when one used to race for anger or love
    ma fra rabbia ed amore il distacco già cresce/but between anger and love the distance grows already
    e chi sarà il campione già si capisce/ you can already tell who will be the champion
    Vai Girardengo, vai grande campione/ Go Girardengo, great champion
    nessuno ti segue su quello stradone/ no one is following you on that large road
    Vai Girardengo, non si vede più Sante/ Go Girardengo, Sante is no longer in sight
    è dietro a quella curva, è sempre più distante./ he's behind that corner, more and more distant
    E dietro alla curva del tempo che vola/ and behind the corner of the fleeting time
    c'è Sante in bicicletta e in mano ha una pistola/ there's Sante, he has a gun
    se di notte è inseguito spara e centra ogni fanale/ if he's chased at night he shots and hits every headlamp
    Sante il bandito ha una mira eccezionale/ Sante the bandit has an incredible aim
    e lo sanno le banche e lo sa la questura/the banks and the police knows it
    Sante il bandito mette proprio paura/Sante the bandit is really frightful
    e non servono le taglie e non basta il coraggio/ and you don't need bounty, courage isn't enough
    Sante il bandito ha troppo vantaggio./ Sante the bandit has too much lead
    Fu antica miseria o un torto subito/ 'twas ancient misery or injustice suffered
    a fare del ragazzo un feroce bandito/ that turned the boy into a cruel bandit
    ma al proprio destino nessuno gli sfugge/ but no one can escape its fate
    cercavi giustizia ma trovasti la Legge./you sought justice and found the law
    Ma un bravo poliziotto che sa fare il mio mestiere/but a good cop, who knows his job well,
    sa che ogni uomo ha un vizio che lo farà cadere/knows that every man has a vice that will ruin him
    e ti fece cadere la tua grande passione/and what made you fall was your great passion
    di aspettare l'arrivo dell'amico campione/of waiting the arrival of your friend champion
    quel traguardo volante ti vide in manette/that winning post saw you ending up in handcuffs
    brillavano al sole come due biciclette/they were shining under the sun like two bicycles
    Sante Pollastri il tuo Giro è finito/ Sante Pollastri your Giro is over
    e già si racconta che qualcuno ha tradito./ and already they say someone betrayed you
    Vai Girardengo, vai grande campione/ Go Girardengo, great champion
    nessuno ti segue su quello stradone/ no one is following you on that large road
    Vai Girardengo, non si vede più Sante/ Go Girardengo, Sante is no longer in sight
    è sempre più lontano, è sempre più distante/ more and more far away, more and more distant
    sempre più lontano, è sempre più distante/ more and more far away, more and more distant
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"