Toyor-al-Janah Song by Raghuda Al Wazzan

Thread: Toyor-al-Janah Song by Raghuda Al Wazzan

Tags: None
  1. Mexigogue said:

Default Toyor-al-Janah Song by Raghuda Al Wazzan

Is there anyplace that has the lyrics to this Toyor-al-Janah song by Raghuda Al-Wazzan? I'm learning Arabic script and language but many of these words I cannot make out. I can use the lyrics either in Arabic script or transliterated into English alphabet (I would prefer Arabic script but I'll take anything at this point.) The song is here: http://youtu.be/KJRIxIZPSGA

VivaPalestina said:

How about you try writing what you can catch and we'll correct it for you? If typing arabic is hard, write it in transliteration.

3. Mexigogue said:

First of all many many thanks for offering to help me with this. About 10 months ago I started learning Arabic script and basic words and sentence structure with books from the library. I will attempt to tell you how this sounds to me and please don't laugh because I'm sure it's mostly hilariously wrong and I'm trying to hard to figure it out.

Ana Raghad ilee bayt habooni ضحكت صوتي و عيوني something something albibit (that's not a word but that what it sounds like to me and it must be wrong because the online translator makes nothing of it) la lama ash shifooni layla layla layla

bdit hiboon il akla-ee, la kharil lib albi ba-ee (repeat)
    lama ala koom bidyallahi kul wahd dibhun al mizyooni

I could go on and on but I'm not sure how helpful this is to you. I think one thing that's slipping me up is when I hear "ooni" I'm not sure if I'm hearing the plural ending to a word then possesive pronoun meaning "my" or if it's tanwin then possessive pronoun. Actually I'm not sure if tanwin can ever be used with possessive pronoun. For example I keep hearing "habooni" but typing حبوني in the google translator gives me nothing. That's why I was kind of hoping all the lyrics to this song were posted somewhere online. Then at the 1:20 to 1:25 mark of the song it sounds like it begins with اسعاد then I can't figure anything out from there. I really want to figure that part out because it sounds really cool because I like saying words with "ع" in them.

Anyway any help will be greatly appreciated because learning from books is good but it's really hard to figure some of this stuff out without an actual person teaching me.

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mexigogue View Post
    I could go on and on but I'm not sure how helpful this is to you.
    Not helpful at all but I asked you to write down what you know because it will be easier for us to see how much you can pick up. Dont be discouraged - I'm trying to study spanish and the mistakes I'm making on those threads are cringe worthy

VivaPalestina said:

I've typed up the lyrics I heard, try listening to it again reading the lyrics and see if you can catch the words. Then maybe you can give translating a shot? Oh and welcome to the forum!

ra3'oode
    ra3'oode
    ana raghad eli bt7booni
    da7kati w sawti w 3yooni
    w el basme mn el alb btetla3
    lama 3al shashe tshoufooni

layla layla lay

bedo t7boon lal a5la2i
    lal 5eir eli b2albi ba2i
    lama al2akom bedi ala2i
    kol wa7de b5ol2a mazyoone

ra3'oode
    ra3'oode

mama w baba byerdo 3ani
    w el barake bal2aha b fani
    yes3dkom zay ma ys3edni
    ed3oli law bt7boni

ra3'oode

7abaytooni kater 5eiri
    laken ana metli metl 3'airi
    ma bedna 7asad w la 3'eere
    ometna 3ala ba3da 7anoone

ra3'oode

6. Mexigogue said:

Thank you soooo much! Now I think I can figure those words out because I know where each word begins and ends. And it's neat that you're learning Spanish. I was raised speaking both Spanish and English although we stopped speaking Spanish in the house by the time I was five. We have many Spanish words that I think came originally from Arabic. Camisa=shirt, baca=cow, pantalones=pants azucar=sugar, and so on. Anyway I'm going to get to work translating this song right now thanks again

VivaPalestina said:

jaja de nada hermosa!