Fairouz - Ba3dana

Thread: Fairouz - Ba3dana

Tags: None

gbasfora said:

Default Fairouz - Ba3dana

A very old Fairouz's song . I have no idea when it was released.

[_v0TFonIc0Y]www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v0TFonIc0Y[/video]

After us ... // Ba3dana... // بعدنا...
    Who will go to the vineyards ? // Men yaqsedou lkouroom // من يقصد الكروم
    Who will fill the harvest baskets ? // Men yamla2ou sselal // من يملأ السلال
    Who will pick the vine leaves ? // Men yaqtoufou ddawwali ? // من يقطف الدوالي؟

Will the stars go down // Hal tanzelou nnoujoom // هل تنزل النجوم
    To have fun on the hills // Talhou 3ala ttelal // تلهو على التلال
    In the calmness of the nights ? // Fi hada2ti llayali ? // في هدأة الليالي؟

In the hut, at the foot of our mountain // Fi saf7ena l3arzal // في سفحنا العرزال
    The rustle of the branches sounds like magic // Yareffou sa7riia lghousoon // يرف سحريَّ الغصون
    Over the square, trees cast their shadows // Wa sa7atou la2zlal // وساحة الأظلال
    That exhale tranquility and tenderness // Fi sajouiha teeboun 7anoon // في سجوها طيبٌ حنون

Right here are our land and people // Ardouna houna wa raba3ouna // أرضنا هنا وربعنا
    Where we roamed, feeling the elation // Wa 7aythou hemna wa antashayna // وحيث همنا وانتشينا
    Its charm is ours; it's our dream place. // Sa7rouha lana wa 7oulmouna // سحرها لنا وحلمنا
    If we have to leave this place then..... // Fainna ra7alna wa madayna // فإن رحلنا ومضينا

Last edited by gbasfora; 05-12-2013 at 04:47 AM.

gbasfora said:

As usual no comments, no "like" or "thank you" or not even some criticism to the translation... So I'm leaving. I'm going to try to find some site where all those songs of the great singers of the past can be apreciated. I would like to thank all those members who helped me with the translations especially VivaPalestina, Firas and LoOlya lately.

Bye