Fairouz - Ra7ou

Thread: Fairouz - Ra7ou

Tags: None

gbasfora said:

Default Fairouz - Ra7ou

A Fairouz’s song called Ra7ou. It was released in 1961 at the Baalbak international festival. One of the acts describes the departure of the Gods from Baalbak and Ra7ou is the last song.My intend to translate that song is to pay tribute to all those members of the arabic forum that,like Gods, have helped us so much but unfortunately had to leave.
    I would like to thank Mavii and Firas for their help to translate the song.

[0x4jwZZWC_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x4jwZZWC_A[/video]

They've gone, like a dream, they've gone // Ra7ou metl el7alem ra7ou // راحوا متل الحلم راحوا
    The plain bloomed and its aromas spreaded out // Sahal 7awk w jannet rea7ou w ra7ou // سهل حوك و جنّت رياحو
    Pity and cry O snows of mount sanin // 7en w ebky ya talj saneen // حن وابكي.. يا تلج صنين
    Oh birds feel the pain of the thorn // W etwajja3ou 3ashshouk ya 7asaseen // واتوجّعوا ع الشّوك، يا حساسين
    The leaves of the flowers were broken // Ezzaher 3am bya2sef jena7ou // الزّهر عم بيقصّف جناحو
    And they have gone // W ra7ou // و راحوا..

I don't know in which mountains // Medri 3ayya jebal // مدري ع أيّ جبال
    their flaming chariots landed // Nezlet marakibhoun elmadwyi // نزلت مراكبهن المضويّة
    I would like some of the riders // Ya rayt shi khiyal // ياريت شي خيّال
    Tells me about them in a night : // 3anhoun yekhaberny bsaharyi // عنهن يخبّرني بسهريّة
    Stand up and come down to the house , // 2oumi enzeli 3addar // قومي انزلي عالدار
    And we will relate their forgotten stories. // na7ki 7kayt'houn elmensyi // نحكي حكايتهن المنسيّة
    They were here but have flown away // Kan hawn w tar // كان هَون وطار
    Like a flock of sparrows in spring // Raff el3asafir erraby3yi // رف العصافير الربيعيّة

And like a field that becames empty // W metl shi baydar fidy // ومتل شي بيدر فضي
    the voices that recounted the stories // w eswat ma elha 3adad // واصْوات .. ما إلها عدد
    sang and fell silent forever // Ghannet w saktet lel2abad // غنِّت وسكتت للأبد
    The lamps were hidden by the night // Bilayl 3am yegheeb mesba7ou // بليل عم يغيب مصباحو
    And they've gone. All of them have gone // Ra7ou kelhoun ra7ou // راحوا كلهن راحوا
    Last edited by gbasfora; 11-22-2013 at 03:09 PM.

2. fistuq said:

What is the name of name "ana w yak yum shame, ana b satah wa enta b satah" um shame song? please help me!!

gbasfora said:

sorry , I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you be clearer ?

liviapj said:

De arrepiar. Eu não conhecia essa letra. Nem preciso comentar a interpretação da diva. O poema é belíssimo. Eis um sentimento muito difícil de lidarmos, a perda... e muitas vezes depois que perdemos, nos damos conta que não perdemos porque nunca tivemos....
    “What you seek is seeking you.”
    ― Rumi