lyrics translation

Thread: lyrics translation

Tags: None
  1. jk57 said:

Smile lyrics translation

can someone help me translate a judy collins song to chile. if not just spanish. i dont remember the whole judy collins song. but the part i'm interested in is. ''your the sound that the trees make when the wind blows. your a fountain, your a river, you a rainbow. thanks very much jim

citlalli said:

La parte que escribiste sería algo así como:

"Eres el murmullo de los árboles al soplar el viento. Eres una fuente, un río, un arcoiris."

Hasta luego!

3. jk57 said:

Thumbs up thx

thank you very much citlalli. i wrote it to someone . she really liked it. jim

citlalli said:

You're welcome!

I'm glad to hear your lucky lady liked it!

Have a nice day!

Sashka said:

Unhappy Spanish help pls

Can somebody translate me the lyrics of the song "Que hiciste" by J.LO into English pleaaaseeeeeee

maria_gr said:

Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

Sashka said:

Talking Tnx

Thanks Maria =) u r really THE BEST...I'm impressed-how many languages do u actually know???

maria_gr said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    Thanks Maria =) u r really THE BEST...I'm impressed-how many languages do u actually know???
    You're welcome! Not many... I know greek (of course ), english, french, spanish, italian (I'm learning in the university) and now I'm trying to learn by myself bulgarian and turkish.

Kisses
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

Sashka said:

Thumbs up wow

Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    You're welcome! Not many... I know greek (of course ), english, french, spanish, italian (I'm learning in the university) and now I'm trying to learn by myself bulgarian and turkish.

Kisses
    WOW! Now I am REALLY impressed-so many languages...good for you...

10. jk57 said:

Cool hi

May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back,
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    May the rains fall soft upon your fields,
    And, until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the hollow of His hand. can someone translate this to chilean.if not spanish is o.k. thanks very much jim. still trying to win someones heart.

citlalli said:

Hi! Oh Jim... you're so romantic that I'm sure you're going to win her heart over sooner or later!
    ---------
    May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back,
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    May the rains fall soft upon your fields,
    And, until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Ojalá que el sendero se reuna con tu andar,
    Ojalá que el viento siempre acaricie tu espalda,
    Ojalá que el sol brille con su cálidez sobre tu rostro,
    Ojalá que la lluvia caiga con suavidad sobre tus campos,
    Y hasta que nos veamos nuevamente
    Te deseo que Dios te guarde en el refugio de Su mano.
    -------------
    Good luck matador!

12. jk57 said:

thanks vry much Citlalli . i feel like the lion holding his paw over his head. but do you know of any site that has english and chilean . whether it be songs or poems, or just anything romantic or sentimental. thanks for everything, jim

citlalli said:

Good morning Jim!

There’s no reason to be embarrassed. We all fall in love at some point in our lives, don’t we?

To be quite honest I’ve never been good at this sort of thing (mind you, I’m a girl, so I didn’t have to bother about writing nice stuff to conquer my sweetheart). But -of course- I know the most famous Chilean poet, and I found a couple of websites that may come handy in your quest:

Bilingual:

Sample translations — Chameleon Translations

PABLO NERUDA - from Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair

English:

"Tonight I Can Write"

A Song of Despair by Pablo Neruda

Spanish:

Pablo Neruda

------------------------------

I’ll have another look later and see what else I can find for you!

Have a nice day...

citlalli said:

Mmhhh... another important name is Gabriela Mistral (Chilean poetess), but finding some of her poetry online is proving to be much harder than with Neruda -most of the results are from bookshops trying to sell her books. Anyway, that brought me to the idea that you may also find bilingual editions of these two Chilean writers at your local library.

See you later again...

15. jk57 said:

Talking hi

thanks so much citlalli. this is exactly what i'm looking for. i cant believe you found it so quickly.i wish there were other sites like this one, that could help me in other areas of my life too. thanks jimmy

citlalli said:

Wink Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by jk57 View Post
    this is exactly what i'm looking for. i cant believe you found it so quickly.i wish there were other sites like this one, that could help me in other areas of my life too. thanks jimmy
    I'm glad to hear that! There's nothing to thank at all...

I'm still trying to figure out something involving music, but the few Chilean acts I know are rock bands... nothing romantic at all. But maybe from other Latin American countries, I mean, we all speak the same language, so it shouldn't be a problem.

And about the other areas of your life, you just keep looking, you'll find what you're looking for when you least expect it.

17. jk57 said:

whats your favorite song wordwise? mine is " so many rivers to cross"

citlalli said:

Oh gee... I need time to think about it.

I like music so much. I hear from Classic to Latin and Heavy... and there are so many songs I like (also depending on my mood).

But I'll browse my i-pod tonight and try to remember the lyrics of my music to see which tunes really touch my soul.

I don't think I know "so many rivers to cross" yet, but sometimes I like some songs and I have no idea about the singer or the tune's name. I'll check it out on you tube.

Sashka said:

Talking =)

Hi everybody ! Can someone translate a spanish song into english for me? I think it's called "Hoy" and the preformer is Gloria Estefan.Please...Thanks in advance =)

20. jk57 said:

try '' so many rivers to cross'' by jimmy cliff if you want. right now i'm a muse fan