Requ. leban Pop song YA HAWA - Shady Sayegh

Thread: Requ. leban Pop song YA HAWA - Shady Sayegh

Tags: None

Tahira said:

Default Requ. leban Pop song YA HAWA - Shady Sayegh

Hello everybody,

I am looking for the lyrics and most of all for the translation fo the lebanese Pop song YA HAWA by Shady Sayegh.

MAybe somebody can help me, even only a rough translation would be fine

Shukran (in advance)
    Tahira

Tahira said:

my 2nd try... does nobody know this song?

Please help me!

Tahira

larosa said:

sorry tahira but i've never heard of that singer i even googled it but no use ,i can't find him anywhere
    sorry again ,i really want to help

Tahira said:

Thank you larosa for your effort.
    I have also googled before, in order to provide you/or other native speakers the lyrics and I didn´t find anything either.
    I´ll keep on searching, and if I find something I´ll be back. :-) :-)

Tahira

larosa said:

and i'll be looking forward to translating you the song and i'll keep searching myself

Daydream said:

I've never heard of the singer Shady Sayegh.. I know the Syrian singer Shady Aswad who usually sings in the lebanese dialect, but he doesn't have a song titled Ya Hawa

Do you have the mp3 or maybe a youtbe link where I can hear the song.. or maybe if you remember any lines from the song? Because I've never heard of this singer and I'm almost certain the singer name has to be incorrect and that's why nothing comes up in the searches

Tahira said:

Hi Daydream, I also have never heard his name before. But I have an american CD where the song is listed. The CD belongs to a DVD where they teach a bellydance coreography to this song.

It´s a slow song in 4/4 masmoudi rhythm, we dancers call such music pop baladi. As a non arabis speaker I can clearly hear the words Habibi, albi, hebou, Bahlam beek (and when he repaets he says) bahlam feek, msafer.

But I think these are words a hundreds of arabic songs contain.

Tomorrow morning I will just watch the DVD from the BEGINNING carefully, maybe the dancer explains in the beginning something about the song (I just jumped to the dancing part, when I got the CD).

Si I would be grateful, if you could check THIS thread again on friday, I will write here again waht I have found out than.

Thank you so much, so far.

Tahira

Daydream said:

ok I'll be sure to check back

Tahira said:

OH MY GOD - I GOT IT !!!!!

I found the song by Wael Kfoury ! I was searching on youtube just with the song title. Now I guess: as it is an american CD and DVD production, that Shady is an "american arab" and has done a cover version of Kfoury´s song. The version I have is more with traditional instruments, but it is definetelly the same lyrics and melody.

So daydream, if you could please listen to it. A rough explanation would be enough you don´t need to spend your time on searching lyrics and translate them word by word. If I just get the message of the song it will be fine for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV0uoKAWNY4

Tahira

Daydream said:

ohh I know this song.. it's actually not even called Ya Hawa.. it's called 3omri Killo which means "My Entire Life"

a rough translation would be basically he is in love with a girl and he tells her if she wants his entire life he would give it to her.. I don't mind typing the lyrics and doing a regular translation so I will start on that right now.. it's no trouble at all..

Tahira said:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANNK YOU

now, with the right title, I have also found the translation

http://www.arabiclyrics.net/Wael-Kfoury/Omry-Kelo.php

Thank you daydream and larosa for your efforts.

If they had published the song on the CD properly, we didn´t have had so much workd then.... :-)

Tahira

Daydream said:

Great I'm glad you found them and lol the CD had sent us on a song hunt :P

larosa said:

finally ,glad you found it tahira!!good for you and thanks to Daydream

14. Parvaneh said:

Hi Tahira,
    The song that you're looking for is:
    Song : Omry Kelo
    Singer: Wael Kfoury
    Album: Omry Kelo

you can find it in www.nogomi.com
    click on the "Browse music " , then chose the letter " W" ,and click on the Wael Kfoury ,his albumes come up after that .When you click on the album of Omry Kelo ' on your left page there is " Top 10 Hits" you can find the song, click on it and it will open up then right click on the MP3 and click " save target as..." you can download it. On the bottom of the same page you'll find the arabic and english lyrics as well.

good luck
    Parvaneh

Tahira said:

Hi Parvaneh,
    thank you for your for your help, I have already found it.

Welcome to this forums.

Happy hips
    Tahira

LOUIE said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tahira View Post
    my 2nd try... does nobody know this song?

Please help me!

Tahira
    you're talking about the 70's here
    ?? ???? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ? ??? ??????? ???? ?????

Tahira said:

Hi Louie,
    this is a very old thread (over 1 year) and meanwhile I found out all I wanted to know. Thank you very much for you reply - I didnīt know that te song is that old.

Thanks, and have a nice day,
    Tahira

18. Vanessa17 said:

Wael's song 'Omri Kellou' was released in 2003!