[solved] Identify: The song starts like this: Ana meshbek'an'al kalamda...

Thread: [solved] Identify: The song starts like this: Ana meshbek'an'al kalamda...

Tags: None
  1. Lordjamnation said:

Default [solved] Identify: The song starts like this: Ana meshbek'an'al kalamda...

Hey all,

I heard this song somewhere on the net a few days ago but don't know the name of it or who sings it. The song has an American country and western sound to it even though its definitely sung in Arabic. The baseline of the song sounds very similar to Madonna's 'Don't tell me' if that helps and has an upbeat feeling to it (I'm guessing it's some kind of romantic song). The first few lines of the lyrics goes something like this (it was a bad quality recording so excuse my 'transliteration':

Ana meshbek'an'al kalamda,
    Ana zumfi kul omri gamda

Will marraadi ihdaraani anali mishal khalli ma'nee...

I think the first two lines are the key distinguishing parts of the song, so I've been googling like crazy but haven't come across anything remotely near the name of the song if anyone on this forum can help. I thought it might by one of the big names like nancy ajram or Haifa wehbe or sherine ahmed but I'm still stuck.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

LJ

Daydream said:

It's Sherine Ahmed - Ana Mesh Beta3t El Kalam Da (Remix) from her latest album Batamenak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8YPwgv7l_0
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

3. Lordjamnation said:

Default Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream View Post
    It's Sherine Ahmed - Ana Mesh Beta3t El Kalam Da (Remix) from her latest album Batamenak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8YPwgv7l_0
    Thanks Daydream. I was just wondering if the song is actually on her latest album or if its just a remix on the internet. Also, as my arabic transliteration is really bad, is there an easier way to search for the name of the song elsewhere on the net (I saw the youtube link)? Is that the actual name of the song or is it just the first line of the song (so I can easily search for it next time). By the way, what exactly does the name and song mean?

Thanks again for your prompt help, its so frustrating not knowing how to find a song purely by its lyrics on the net!

Daydream said:

Yes, that's the song title itself and basically the song is singing about how she's normally not the type of girl to fall head over heels for a guy, but with her recent lover she has.. and yes, it is a track on her latest album, but as far as I know there is no original version? Just that remix *shrugs* I'm not really sure, but haven't seen anything other than the remix floating around.

Btw: Usually in Arabic songs.. the song title is the first line of the song hehe I often noticed that.

5. Lordjamnation said:

Thanks again, I managed to find a few live versions of the song on youtube and after much persistance I also managed to download the same remixed version you sent me from www.nogomi.com (they seem to have a great collection of contemporary arabic music with a streaming player as well)although the download is super slow even if you do have a broadband connection.

On a personal note, do you think this song is cheesy by arabic pop standards? I grew up in the Gulf for the best part of my life and would often hear stuff like this playing in shops and restaurants.

Just your thoughts....

LJ

Daydream said:

Hey Lordjamnation Yes, I know that site, it used to be faster, but I guess with the member increase the server is much slower now.. but I don't really know I'm not very computer smart hehe

And for my opinion yes I do Personally, the music is a little too pop for my liking and I don't know I just don't like it when Arab artists put Rap or English in their songs.. it feel like they're trying too hard to be hip or cool and it comes off more as cheesy/corny I hope no one is offended by that..

Anyhow, we can carry on the discussion in here: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ar...iscussion.html

Ghaly said:

No Lyrics to tht soooong?! .__.
    - Racism is not far, it is in everybody's nature. Detect thy fears, thy prejudices, and live in unison with these fears and every being that does not harm thee.

Amoena said:

Up!!!!!!

SuSuiTa said: