Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

AnnaFoster said:

Question Translate - I hope all your dreams come true

Hello!

I was wondering how to say "I hope all your wishes come true".

Is there a word for wishes? And then a word for dreams? Wishes = deseos? Dreams = sueños?

And then in spanish does "comes true" translate? Or is it more known to say "are realized" ?

Espero que todos tus sueños estén realizados. ?

Espero que todos tus deseos estén realizados. ?

Espero que todos tus deseos vengan de verdad. ?

Also, How would I say "I'll make your wishes come true."

I wanna wish my Mexican friend a Merry Christmas so the clocks ticking. Thanks and ¡Feliz Navidad!

baby_girl_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaFoster View Post
    Hello!

Is there a word for wishes? And then a word for dreams? Wishes = deseos? Dreams = sueños?

And then in spanish does "comes true" translate? Or is it more known to say "are realized" ?

I wanna wish my Mexican friend a Merry Christmas so the clocks ticking. Thanks and ¡Feliz Navidad!
    I hope all your wishes come true / Espero que todos tus deseos se hagan realidad or Espero que todos sus deseos se realicen, (although first sounds better)

I'll make your wishes come true. / Voy a hacer realidad sus deseos.

Have a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Zahra2008 said:

Hello!

Espero que todos tus deseos se hagan realidad

yes, you are right, Dreams = sueños / Wishes = deseos

is more like the last one: Espero que todos tus deseos se vuelvan realidad

Voy a hacer realidad tus deseos (or) Voy a hacer que tus deseos se conviertan en realidad (I would rather use the second one)

Merry Xmas for you too!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

baby_girl_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    Translations english to spanish!!!

i swear i am in love with a guy that has a pretty little heart i will stand by him through it all because he was always there for me and i want to give him sincere love and we can make it through the end i don't care what people think about us because the girls only want you and the guys wish they had me. / Juro que estoy enamorada de un hombre (tipo) que tiene un corazón bastante pequeño. Yo estaré por él a través de todo, porque él siempre estuvo allí para mí y quiero darle amor sincero y lo podemos hacer hasta el final, no me importa lo que la gente piensa de nosotros porque las chicas sólo te quieren (desean) y los chicos quieren que me tuvieron.

The best christmas gift i ever got was you and you really light up my world you showed me how to love and what it feels like to be in love i never felt this way about a guy before untill i had you in my life and when you know you feel this way it means you can never let go so i will tie you to my heart so we will stay together forever. / Fuiste el mejor regalo de Navidad que yo jamás conseguí y tu realmente iluminas mi mundo, me monstraste cómo amar y lo que se siente estar enamorada, hasta ahora nunca me sentí de esta manera acerca de un tipo , hasta que te tuve en mi vida, y cuando sabes que te sientes de esta manera significa que no puedes dejarlo ir, así que te ataré a mi corazón, por lo que permaneceremos juntos para siempre.

she told me she was going to your house but i don't know what happended if she really wanted to be with you then she would have been there with you i don't know what happended to her i can't believe she kept you waiting for her and did not even spend the whole day with you that is not good. / Ella me dijo que iba a su casa, pero no sé lo que sucedió, si ella quiso realmente estar con tigo entonces ella habría estado allí. Yo no sé lo que le sucedió, no puedo creer que ella te hecho esperarla y ni siquiera pasan el día entero con tigo. Esto no está bien.[/
    Here you are

AnnaFoster said:

Default Que Dios te bendiga.

Feliz Navidad a todos, Merry Christmas!

Can someone tell me what this says? For the most part I know completely, but I want to be sure. "ya's" tend to confuse me, whether they can be 'now' or 'already' or 'since'....

"Ya sabes que yo te deseo lo mismo y a un mas. Que dios te bendiga---------

I have a few questions: this was a text and sometimes it cuts off before the end of it. Would there be any more after bendiga?

Need your opinion: This came from a Mexican guy I've been getting to know very slowly for 2 years. He's been reserved with any sentimental feelings but in the last few months I've seen him begin to open up more. He's never said anything like 'may God bless you' and I was wondering from a Mexican culture standpoint if it means he really cares - like it's not something you say to everyone. Or if at Christmas it is.

Just after midnight I wished him a Merry Christmas and told him I hope all his wishes come true.

Thanks for your help and insight!

x0babiigirlx0 said:

translations english to spanish !!

this girl played with my two best friends and i am not trying to say bad things about anyone but that's why i had a fight with this girl because she went out with my best friend marko and she played him because he lives in peekskill and they went out and she never saw marko not even one time she always hurt him and lied to him many times and then she went out with his one of his panas and she hurt him also because they both live in peekskill and she never saw them once and now she is doing it to you i don't know if she ever saw you before but she never even goes to see her boyfriends it's like she plays with guys and only sees the ones she wants i don't like when girls play with guys feelings so i know your sad but it's good your not with this girl i am sorry to say
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3
  7. MaresLejanos said:

Feliz Navidad a todos, Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you too!

Can someone tell me what this says? For the most part I know completely, but I want to be sure. "ya's" tend to confuse me, whether they can be 'now' or 'already' or 'since'....

"Ya sabes que yo te deseo lo mismo y a un mas. Que dios te bendiga---------

You already know that.... (In this case "ya" means already)

I have a few questions: this was a text and sometimes it cuts off before the end of it. Would there be any more after bendiga?

"Que Dios te bendiga" (may Got bless you) close perfectly, but if it were something else, like other good wishes for Christmas and your life, it would continue with "y (what ever it follows here)"

Need your opinion: This came from a Mexican guy I've been getting to know very slowly for 2 years. He's been reserved with any sentimental feelings but in the last few months I've seen him begin to open up more. He's never said anything like 'may God bless you' and I was wondering from a Mexican culture standpoint if it means he really cares - like it's not something you say to everyone. Or if at Christmas it is.
    I can't help you with this, but in my country it's common to say "May God bless you" on Christmas times, or it's common to be heard from religious people. In any rate, in doesn't mean he doesn't care of you though.

Just after midnight I wished him a Merry Christmas and told him I hope all his wishes come true.
    Merry Christmas
    "La tolerancia de los ideales ajenos es virtud suprema en los que piensan." - José Ingenieros
  8. MaresLejanos said:

this girl played with my two best friends and i am not trying to say bad things about anyone, but that's why i had a fight with this girl, because she went out with my best friend marko and she played him because he lives in peekskill and they went out and she never saw marko not even one time she always hurt him and lied to him many times and then she went out with his one of his panas and she hurt him also because they both live in peekskill and she never saw them once and now she is doing it to you i don't know if she ever saw you before but she never even goes to see her boyfriends it's like she plays with guys and only sees the ones she wants i don't like when girls play with guys feelings so i know your sad but it's good your not with this girl i am sorry to say

Esta chica jugó con dos de mis mejores amigos, y no estoy tratando de hablar mal de nadie, pero es la razón por la que tuve una pelea con ella. Porque ella salió con mi mejor amigo Marko y jugó con él, porque él vive en Peekskill y ellos salían pero ella nunca vio a Marko, ni una sola vez, ella siempre lo hirió y le mintió varias veces. Entonces ella salió con otro amigo de él, y lo hirió también, porque los dos viven en Peekskilly nunca vio a ninguno de los dos. Y ahora ella te está haciendo lo mismo a tí, yo no sé si ella alguna vez se encontró contigo, pero ella nunca sale a ver sus novios; es como si ella jugara con los chicos y sólo se encuentra con aquellos que ella quiere ver. No me gusta cuando las chicas juegan con los sentimientos de los chicos. Así que sé que estás triste, pero es bueno que no estés con esta chica, siento decirlo.
    "La tolerancia de los ideales ajenos es virtud suprema en los que piensan." - José Ingenieros

AnnaFoster said:

So then it says "you already know that I wish you the same and one more. That God blesses you. ?

Also can someone tell me if I said these right:

Estoy en mi cama y de niña tendría un arbolito en mi cuarto. Y me quedaba dormir mirando las luces.
    I'm in my room and when I was a girl, I had a little tree in my room. And I would fall asleep watching the lights.

Pues te tendre entre mis brazos en un abrazo muy fuerte. Con besitos en tu frente y tus mejillas.
    Well I'd have you between my arms in a very big/strong hug with little kisses on your forehead and cheeks.

I was thinking "to have someone between your arms" is how in English we'd say I'd take you in my arms, I'd hold you etc.

citlalli said:

So then it says "you already know that I wish you the same and one more. That God blesses you. ?
    Nearly "aun" is only one word ("y aun más" instead of "y a un más"); so it's "You already know I wish you the same and even more. May God Bless you."
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

citlalli said:

Hi! I made a few changes:

Also can someone tell me if I said these right:

Estoy en mi cama y de niña tenía un arbolito en mi cuarto. Y me quedaba dormida mirando las luces.
    I'm in my room and when I was a girl, I had a little tree in my room. And I would fall asleep watching the lights.

Pues te estrecharía entre mis brazos con un abrazo muy fuerte. Con besitos en tu frente y tus mejillas.
    Well I'd have you between my arms in a very big/strong hug with little kisses on your forehead and cheeks.

I was thinking "to have someone between your arms" is how in English we'd say I'd take you in my arms, I'd hold you etc.
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

AnnaFoster said:

Do you think he'll get the idea of what I meant from what I (incorrectly) said "te tendre entre mis brazos en un abrazo..." ?

It was my reply to this: Yo acabo de hablar con mi mama y casi me pongo a llorar.
    Is this correct: "I just spoke with my mom and I almost cried."

And if I said "...y de niña, tendria un arbolito en mi cuarto" Is that more like saying "as a girl, I would have a tree..."

citlalli said:

Do you think he'll get the idea of what I'm saying if I said "te tendre entre mis brazos en un abrazo..." ?
    the whole message is good enough to be understood in my opinion, even if the spanish is not perfect good job!!!

AnnaFoster said:

Yey! Thank you!

citlalli said:

Hahahaha, we keep posting at the same time

Do you think he'll get the idea of what I meant from what I (incorrectly) said "te tendre entre mis brazos en un abrazo..." ?

It was my reply to this: Yo acabo de hablar con mi mama y casi me pongo a llorar.
    Is this correct: "I just spoke with my mom and I almost cried." Yep, perfect.

And if I said "...y de niña, tendria un arbolito en mi cuarto" Is that more like saying "as a girl, I would have a tree..." Yes, strictly speaking "tendría" is the translation of "I would have"; however, we don't use this tense for that sort of sentence in spanish. (Tendría in spanish is always used to express a wish or something irreal, never to express the factual past.

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Red face Asking for a huge favor...

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've been on here, and I hope that everyone is doing great and had a wonderful Christmas..
    I was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and I've been trying to explain it to my boyfriend; which has been kind of difficult. Could someone please translate this article I have explaining MS and its causes and symptoms? It's rather long, but I would appreciate the help so much. Thanks for always being willing to help.

Definition
    Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease that affects the brain and spinal cord (central nervous system).

Causes, incidence, and risk factors
    Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects woman more than men. The disorder most commonly begins between ages 20 and 40, but can be seen at any age.

MS is caused by damage to the myelin sheath, the protective covering that surrounds nerve cells. When this nerve covering is damaged, nerve impulses are slowed down or stopped.

MS is a progressive disease, meaning the nerve damage (neurodegeneration) gets worse over time. How quickly MS gets worse varies from person to person.

The nerve damage is caused by inflammation. Inflammation occurs when the body's own immune cells attack the nervous system. Repeated episodes of inflammation can occur along any area of the brain and spinal cord.

Researchers are not sure what triggers the inflammation. The most common theories point to a virus or genetic defect, or a combination of both.

MS is more likely to occur in northern Europe, the northern United States, southern Australia, and New Zealand than in other areas. Geographic studies indicate there may be an environmental factor involved.

People with a family history of MS and those who live in a geographical area with a higher incidence rate for MS have a higher risk of the disease.

Symptoms
    Symptoms vary, because the location and severity of each attack can be different. Episodes can last for days, weeks, or months. These episodes alternate with periods of reduced or no symptoms (remissions).

Fever, hot baths, sun exposure, and stress can trigger or worsen attacks.

It is common for the disease to return (relapse). However, the disease may continue to get worse without periods of remission.

Because nerves in any part of the brain or spinal cord may be damaged, patients with multiple sclerosis can have symptoms in many parts of the body.

Muscle symptoms:

Loss of balance
    Numbness or abnormal sensation in any area
    Pain because of muscle spasms
    Pain in the arms or legs
    Problems moving arms or legs
    Problems walking
    Problems with coordination and making small movements
    Slurred or difficult-to-understand speech
    Tremor in one or more arms or legs
    Uncontrollable spasm of muscle groups (muscle spasticity)
    Weakness in one or more arms or legs

Eye symptoms:

Double vision
    Eye discomfort
    Uncontrollable rapid eye movements
    Vision loss (usually affects one eye at a time)

Other brain and nerve symptoms:

Decreased attention span
    Decreased judgment
    Decreased memory
    Depression or feelings of sadness
    Dizziness and balance problems
    Facial pain
    Hearing loss
    Fatigue

Bowel and bladder symptoms:

Constipation
    Difficulty beginning urinating
    Frequent need to urinate
    Stool leakage
    Strong urge to urinate
    Urine leakage (incontinence)
    .:BiLLiEhDz:.

citlalli said:

Hi Billie! I'm very sorry to hear this; I honestly hope you’ll be able to cope with it and carry on leading your usual life. Here’s your translation:

Definición
    La esclerosis múltiple es una enfermedad auto inmunitaria que afecta el cerebro y la médula espinal (sistema nervioso central).

Causas, incidencia y factores de riesgo
    La esclerosis múltiple (E.M.) afecta más frecuentemente a las mujeres que a los hombres. Este trastorno comienza por lo regular entre los 20 y los 40, pero se puede dar en cualquier edad.
    La esclerosis múltiple es causada por daños a la vaina de mielina -la cubierta protectora que envuelve las células nerviosas. Cuando esta cubierta sufre daños, los impulsos nerviosos se vuelven más lentos o se detienen.
    La esclerosis múltiple es una enfermedad progresiva, lo que significa que el daño en el sistema nervioso (neurodegeneración) empeora con el tiempo. Qué tan rápido avanza la esclerosis múltiple varía de persona a persona.
    El deterioro en los nervios es causado debido a inflamaciones, las cuales tienen lugar cuando las células inmunológicas del cuerpo atacan al propio sistema nervioso. Episodios repetidos de inflamación pueden ocurrir a lo largo de cualquier área del cerebro y/o la medula espinal.
    Los científicos no están seguros de que es lo que desata la inflamación. Las teorías más comunes apuntan a un virus o defecto genético, o una combinación de ambos.
    La esclerosis múltiple ocurre con más frecuencia en el norte de Europa, el norte de los EEUU, el sur de Australia y en Nueva Zelanda. Estudios geográficos indican que esto podría deberse a algún factor ambiental.
    Personas en cuya familia ha habido casos de esclerosis múltiple o que viven en áreas geográficas con un índice más alto de incidencia están en mayor riesgo de contraer esta enfermedad.

Síntomas
    Los síntomas varían, ya que el lugar y la gravedad de cada ataque pueden ser diferentes. Cada recaída puede durar días, semanas o meses, y se alterna con periodos en los que los síntomas se reducen o desaparecen (remisiones).
    Los ataques pueden ser desencadenados o empeorar debido a fiebre, baños calientes o exposición al sol.

Es común que esta enfermedad vaya y venga (recaída). Sin embargo, puede seguir empeorando sin que haya periodos de remisión.
    Dado que los nervios de cualquier sección del cerebro o la medula espinal pueden verse afectados, los pacientes de esclerosis múltiple pueden presentar síntomas en muchas partes del cuerpo.

Síntomas musculares:
    -Pérdida del equilibrio.
    -Adormecimiento o sensación anormal en ciertas partes.
    -Dolor debido a calambres.
    -Dolor de brazos o piernas.
    -Problemas al mover brazos o piernas.
    -Problemas al caminar.
    -Problemas de coordinación y al hacer movimientos leves.
    -Habla poco clara o difícil de comprender.
    -Temblor de una o más extremidades.
    -Espasmos incontrolables de un grupo de músculos (espasmosidad muscular).
    -Debilidad en una o más extremidades.

Síntomas que afectan los ojos:
    -Visión doble.
    -Molestias en los ojos.
    -Movimientos oculares rápidos fuera de control.
    -Perdida de la visión (afecta usualmente sólo un ojo a la vez).

Otros síntomas cerebrales y nerviosos:
    -Disminución de los periodos de atención.
    -Disminución del juicio.
    -Deterioro de la memoria.
    -Depresión o tristeza.
    -Mareos y problemas de equilibrio.
    -Dolor facial.
    -Perdida del oído.
    -Fatiga.

Síntomas intestinales y de la vejiga:
    -Estreñimiento.
    -Dificultad al comenzar a orinar.
    -Necesidad frecuente de orinar.
    -Problemas de retención de las heces fecales.
    -Necesidad intensa de orinar.
    -Problemas de retención de orina (incontinencia).

citlalli said:

Hey Billie! I found a couple of links about MS in Spanish, in case you need more info for your boyfriend:

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundosalud/2...134752238.html

http://www.saludparati.com/esclerosismultiple.htm

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esclerosis_m%C3%BAltiple

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Citlalli... Thank you so very much.
    .:BiLLiEhDz:.
  20. Angelbuns said:

Default 5 Subjunctive sentences....

Are these sentences correct?

Espero que Mario llegue. I hope Mario arrives.
    Espero que Mario haya llegado. I hope Mario has arrived.
    Espero que Mario llegara. I hope Mario arrived.
    Esperé/esperaba que Mario hubiera llegado. I hoped Mario had arrived.

How do you say:

I hoped Mario would arrive.
    I hoped Mario would have arrived.

This is making my brain hurt!