Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None
  1. MaresLejanos said:

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    Good explanation Mares

But not totally right, of course we use the usted/ustedes pronouns but as the polite form to address people that why it's funny for me to hear an adult addressing children that way in Latin America: D; )

Btw in south Spain is common the use of usted/ustedes the way you do but using second person plural verb "ustedes amáis" "ustedes coméis"
    Thank you my friend

I've forgortten to write it lol, I remember you use it as the polite way to addressing someone... Vosostros sounds polite for us hehehe.
    But there is no one who conjugate second person singular like we do , we are unique hehehe

Kisses my friend, I have to leave.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

what does this mean??

mmm como asi princesa pero ni sikiera la an estrenado
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3
  3. MaresLejanos said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    what does this mean??

mmm como asi princesa pero ni sikiera la an estrenado
    I'm not sure what exactly it means, but it seems something like the one who's asking is telling to the other person and wondering about a person or thing that haven't been used for first time yet.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

what do these mean?

un doble deseo solo para decir a usted espera q tenga mucha alegria y diversion en tu dia especial !!!

te deseo mucha felisidad y q cumpla anos mas de vida

Zahra2008 said:

un doble deseo solo para decir a usted espera q tenga mucha alegria y diversion en tu dia especial
    a double wish only to say you I hope that you have much joy and fun on your special day

te deseo mucha felisidad y q cumpla anos mas de vida
    I wish you much happiness and fulfilling years of life
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

x0babiigirlx0 said:

what do these mean??

en la noche pero puedes gegar temprano

si ven con quien quieras....tu me llamas cual quier cosa

mi novIO MI HERMANO MUCHA HENTE......EL PARTY ES PARA MI HERMANA Y PARA MI

NO TIENES Q COMPRAR NADA

si puedo esperar

how do you say she is one of my good friends and a sweet person to talk to i swear we will be tight forever because i trust her with everything i love her
    Last edited by x0babiigirlx0; 11-06-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Zahra2008 said:

en la noche pero puedes llegar temprano = at night but you can arrive early

si ven con quien quieras....tu me llamas cualquier cosa = yes come with whom you want .... you call me "if anything happens"

mi novio mi hermano mucha gente, el party es para mi hermana y para mi = my boyfriend my brother a lof of people, the party is for me and my sister

no tienes que comprar nada = you don't have/need to buy anything

si puedo esperar = if I can wait

she is one of my good friends and a sweet person to talk to i swear we will be tight forever because i trust her with everything i love her
    ella es una de mis mejores amigas y una dulce persona con quien hablar, te lo juro estaremos juntas para siempre, porque confío en ella, con todo yo la amo
  8. potatoes said:

someone please translate for me..

im writing to you again because you understand my words better in spanish,
    well i dont know what i was thinking when i told you i loved you, all ive done so far is hurt
    you in so many ways, and thats the last thing i want to do to you, you dont need me causing more
    problems for you...i cant do this to you.

you said you didnt love me, i guess i should've known this, you'd always
    call me asking me to meet you somewhere, i went to be there for you..to listen to your problems,
    i tried to help you the best i can, Yet when i want to see you, just to hold you, you always
    pushed me away, or when i hold your hand you always let go. im obviously not the right person for you.
    you clearly shown me you dont want me to be seen with me, and you dont need me around you.
    so i guess instead of wasting my time, or your time... best thing for the both of us is to forget about each other
    and stay away from each other.
    i will continue to move on with my life and hope you do the same.
    I truly hope everything in your life becomes better for you, the one you do love takes care of you and your
    son, treats you better than i have, makes you happy, and makes your dreams come true.
    please just forget about me, forget i was ever around and let me be alone.
    you may hate me for doing this, but thats okay, i do deserve it.
    Take care of yourself. Good Bye.

AnnaFoster said:

Unhappy Need help with Mexican Spanish

Hello, I was wondering if someone could translate the following. Trouble in paradise.... fun stuff. Thank you so much.

It's confusing.

How cruel / mean.

I don't know what's up.

I don't know what's happening.

Tell me what's up.

Your texts lately have been very short and unfriendly.

Do you need some space? (space is not a place, just time alone, some distance etc.)

You have a history of running when you don't want to deal with something.

I don't deserve this.

I don't deserve it.

Things have been really great for months but within the past 3 weeks you've changed.

Are you worried because we are getting to be closer friends?

I have felt the same for you for a long time. So the only person you have to worry about is you.

Nothing has changed with me.

I am keeping my feelings under control.

Do you have feelings for me?
  10. MaresLejanos said:

It's confusing. Esto es confuso.

How cruel / mean. ¡Qué cruel!

I don't know what's up. No sé qué pasa.

I don't know what's happening. Yo no sé qué está pasando.

Tell me what's up. Dime qué pasa.

Your texts lately have been very short and unfriendly. Tus mensajes de textos han sido muy cortos y poco amistosos últimamente.

Do you need some space? (space is not a place, just time alone, some distance etc.) ¿Necesitás espacio?/¿Necesitas un tiempo (solo)?

You have a history of running when you don't want to deal with something.
    Ya tienes historia escapando cuando no te quieres enfrentar a algo.

I don't deserve this. Yo no merezco esto.

I don't deserve it. Yo no lo merezco

Things have been really great for months but within the past 3 weeks you've changed.
    Las cosas han estádo bárbaras/geniales por meses realmente, pero dentro de las últimas 3 semanas tú has cambiado. or
    Las cosas han ido realmente bien por meses, pero en las últimas 3 semanas tú has cambiado.

Are you worried because we are getting to be closer friends?
    ¿Estás preocupado (preocupada if female) porque nos estamos convirtiendo en amigos cercanos?

I have felt the same for you for a long time. So the only person you have to worry about is you.
    He sentido lo mismo por ti durante un largo tiempo. Así que la única persona por la que debes preocuparte es por tí mismo.

Nothing has changed with me.
    Nada ha cambiado conmigo.

I am keeping my feelings under control.
    Estoy manteniendo mis sentimientos bajo control.

Do you have feelings for me?
    ¿Sientes algo por mí?

-------------------------------------
    This is Neutral Spanish, it's understood (in theory) for any Spanish Speaker, and I think it's valid in Mexico as well.
    Last edited by MaresLejanos; 11-07-2009 at 11:45 AM.
  11. MaresLejanos said:

potaoes, ahora traduzco lo tuyo, me confunde un poco porque en la misma oración tiene tiempos verbales mezclados... :S

bedroomeyes said:

Quote Originally Posted by potatoes View Post
    someone please translate for me..
    Te estoy escribiendo otra vez porque entiendes mejor mis palabras en español. Bueno no sé en qué estaba pensando cuando te dije que te amo si lo único que he hecho es lastimarte de tantas maneras y es lo que menos quiero hacer; no necesitas que te cause más problemas...no puedo hacerte eso.

Me dijiste que no me amas; supongo que he debido saberlo pues siempre solías decirme que te encontrara en algún lugar y allí iba para escuchar tus problemas; traté de ayudarte lo mejor que pude. Pero cuando yo quiero verte sólo para abrazarte siempre te alejas o cuando te agarro la mano siempre la sueltas. Es obvio que no soy la persona para ti. Me has dejado claro que no quieres que te vean conmigo y no me necesitas a tu lado. Así que supongo que en vez de perder tu tiempo y mi tiempo...lo mejor para los dos será que nos olvidemos y que nos mantengamos alejados el uno del otro.

Seguiré con mi vida y espero que hagas lo mismo.
    De verdad espero que todo en la vida te salga mejor, que la que sí amas te cuide a ti y a tu hijo, te trate mejor que yo, te haga feliz, y que hagan tus sueños realidad.
    Por favor sólo olvídame; olvida que alguna estuve cerca y déjame tranquila.
    Puede que me odies por hacer esto pero está bien, sí me lo merezco.
    Cuídate. Adiós.
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    -Albert Einstein
  13. MaresLejanos said:

Bedroomeyes!!!

Me ganaste, fuiste más rápida. Buen trabajo niña

bedroomeyes said:

Quote Originally Posted by MaresLejanos View Post
    potaoes, ahora traduzco lo tuyo, me confunde un poco porque en la misma oración tiene tiempos verbales mezclados... :S
    ¡Ups! Perdona Mares. Me adelanté un poco. A mí también me estaba pasando lo mismo con los tiempos.
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    -Albert Einstein
  15. potatoes said:

MaresLejanos sorry haha
    Thank you Bedroomeyes

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by MaresLejanos View Post
    -------------------------------------
    This Neutral Spanish, it's understood (in theory) for any Spanish Speaker, and I think i'ts valid in Mexico as well.
    as Mexican, I can tell ... yes, you are right my friend!!

x0babiigirlx0 said:

what do these mean??

pues te noto rara.......te puedes cnectar a msn......y dime kieres hablar conmigo....o no

Ok yo estare ahy pero ake hora...???

Y como vas a estar vestida para reconocerte de una..o parate en donde compran las metrocard...

Pero en k parte de queens boro plaza...

Quieres en la estacion del tren..osea del tren 7.....???

Xq te envie mensajes y no respondias....y q paso con lo de hoy...

Estoy empesando a creer q me estas mintiendo...nose si ir manana a queens..

Oooh...entonces si puedo ir a queens...con la esparanza de encontrar a alguien...???

Seguro q quiero pero vas a estar tu...???..puedes enviarme mensajes cuando puedas mejor asi...no lo creess

Zahra2008 said:

pues te noto rara.......te puedes cnectar a msn......y dime kieres hablar conmigo....o no
    because you seem strange, you can connect/login to msn and tell me do you want to talk to me .... or not

Ok yo estare ahy pero ake hora...???
    ok I will be there but at what time?

Y como vas a estar vestida para reconocerte de una..o parate en donde compran las metrocard...
    And how you'll be dressed to recognize you .. or step on where they buy the metrocard

Pero en k parte de queens boro plaza...
    but in which part of queens boro plaza ?

Quieres en la estacion del tren..osea del tren 7.....???
    do you want in the train station, I mean the 7 train?

Xq te envie mensajes y no respondias....y q paso con lo de hoy...
    'cause I sent you messages and you didn't answer, and what happens about today?

Estoy empesando a creer q me estas mintiendo...nose si ir manana a queens..
    I'm starting to believe that you're lying, I don't know if going to queens tomorrow

Oooh...entonces si puedo ir a queens...con la esparanza de encontrar a alguien...???
    oh so I can go to queens, with the hope to find someone?

Seguro q quiero pero vas a estar tu...???..puedes enviarme mensajes cuando puedas mejor asi...no lo creess
    sure that I want, but you'll be there? you can send me messages when you can, is better like this, don't you think?

x0babiigirlx0 said:

how do you say i have 17 years turning 18 in this month??

or just i am _____ and turning _______ in this month???
  20. MaresLejanos said:

Tengo 17 años y cumplo 18 este mes