Rachid Taha - Ya el menfi

Thread: Rachid Taha - Ya el menfi

Tags: None

gitana said:

Default Rachid Taha - Ya el menfi

REFRAIN: Goulou lemmi ma tebkich ya el menfi Weldak rebbi ma ikhelich ya el menfi
    Aw ya dakhal fi wast bibane ya el menfi Aw sabaa fih el gadaane ya el menfi (bis) Aw galouli kachi doukhane ya el menfi Wana fi wasthoum dehchane ya el menfi

REFRAIN
    Aw ki dawni le tribunal ya el menfi Djadarmiya kbar wa sghar ya el menfi (bis) Aw sensla tewzen qantar ya el menfi Aw derbouni baam wa n�har ya el menfi

REFRAIN
    Aala dekhla haffouli ras ya el menfi Aw aatawni zoura w paillasse ya el menfi (bis) Aw grifounia maaya aassas ya el menfi Aala t�mania tesmaa soulas ya el menfi
    REFRAIN
    Aw ya guelbi wach dak tif ya el menfi Aw soupa daymane kif-kif ya el menfi Aw el gamila maamra ba el ma ya el menfi Aw gralou ionm fiha ya el menfi

larosa said:

actually ,algerian is not my accent,we're so close but though it's not the same
    so i'm gonna give it a try waiting for our freinds ELEEF to help

it is about someone sending a message to his mom through his friend called "el menfi" to reassure her ,cause he went to jail after was put in jail for smoking some kind of hashish,he was also telling her the torment he gets there
    that's all i get ,although it's a sad song,i keep dancing to it
    hope someone can help with the missing lines
    REFRAIN:
    Goulou lemmi ma tebkich ya el menfi
    tell my mother not to cry,oh menfi
    Weldak rebbi ma ikhelich ya el menfi
    your god will neve leave your son without help
    Aw ya dakhal fi wast bibane ya el menfi
    tell he that i entered through doors oh menfi
    Aw sabaa fih el gadaane ya el menfi
    there is tough man and beast over there
    (bis) Aw galouli kachi doukhane ya el menfi
    they were telling me about tabagism oh menfi
    Wana fi wasthoum dehchane ya el menfi
    and i was like a drunk among them oh menfi

REFRAIN
    Aw ki dawni le tribunal ya el menfi
    they brought me to court oh menfi
    Djadarmiya kbar wa sghar ya el menfi
    police agents with high and low rates oh menfi
    (bis) Aw sensla tewzen qantar ya el menfi
    with heavy chains weighing hundred pounds
    Aw derbouni baam wa n�har ya el menfi
    they were beating me night and day

REFRAIN
    Aala dekhla haffouli ras ya el menfi
    they shaved my hair all of a sudden oh menfy
    Aw aatawni zoura w paillasse ya el menfi
    and gave me a cover and bench
    (bis) Aw grifounia maaya aassas ya el menfi
    they steak a guard to me oh menfi
    Aala t�mania tesmaa soulas ya el menfi
    .................................................. .........

REFRAIN

Aw ya guelbi wach dak tif ya el menfi
    Aw soupa daymane kif-kif ya el menfi
    the dinner is always the same
    Aw el gamila maamra ba el ma ya el menfi
    .................................................. ...........
    Aw gralou ionm fiha ya el menfi
    .................................................. ...........
    life is Super good
    (this is bull ****)
    if you seek arabic translation,PM me

3. Aquaragol said:

I have lived in algeria for a few years and was learning the algerian slang and history as it was so interesting (as if it was a new language despite my knowledge of both french and arabic languages) I think my interpretation of it is a bit different to what's mentioned above and that's based on my recollection of my beautiful days back in algeria.
    here it is:
    Goulou lemmi ma tebkich ya el menfi
    Tell my mother not to cry (el menfi means the imprisoned here, i.e. he's talking to his inmates in prison primarily and not to a person outside. basically a song to encourage himself and the others)
    Weldak rebbi ma ikhelich ya el menfi
    God will never leave your son alone
    Aw ya dakhal fi wast bibane ya el menfi
    That he has been through the doors (slang for being put behind bars (doors here))
    Aw sabaa fih el gadaane ya el menfi
    And the Sab'aa is full of the tough good guys (Sab'aa prison, means prison no. 7, was known for hosting the political prisoners during the french occupation years, and it was one's pride to have spent time in this prison as it was a simbol for the resistance)
    Aw galouli kachi doukhane ya el menfi
    And when they asked me if I had any smokes on me
    Wana fi wasthoum dehchane ya el menfi
    I was standing among them amazed (for not having fear and living a normal life)

REFRAIN
    Aw ki dawni le tribunal ya el menfi gendarmeyya kbar wa sghar ya el menfi (bis) Aw sensla tewzen qantar ya el menfi Aw derbouni baam wa n�har ya el menfi
    And they took me to the court, where it was full of policemen of all ranks. tied to a chain that weighs a ton and they beat me with it day and night.

REFRAIN
    Aala dekhla haffouli ras ya el menfi Aw aatawni zoura w paillasse ya el menfi (bis) Aw grifounia maaya aassas ya el menfi Aala tmania tesmaa silence ya el menfi
    at the door they have shaved my head, and gave me a pillow and cover, and had a guard with me at all times. at 8 o'clock you hear silence (bed time)
    REFRAIN
    Aw ya guelbi wach dak tif ya el menfi Aw soupa daymane kif-kif ya el menfi Aw el gamila maamra ba el ma ya el menfi Aw grolleau ayem fiha ya el menfi
    talking to himself: Oh my heart why feel so disgusted, when the soup always tastes the same? the bowl is full of water with grapes floating in it (Grolleau grapes, here it refers sarcastically to grapes while in reality it means that the bowl is full of dirty water with cockroaches swimming in the water).

I hope that makes any sense, and all corrections are more than welcomes