Zambozda Zambbizda

Thread: Zambozda Zambbizda

Tags: None
  1. pbinos said:

Question Zambozda Zambbizda

Can anybody tell me what the old greek song is called that has the line: "ZAMBOZDA ZAMBIZDA" in it. Also the name of the singer would be good to know. I do not know any of the other lyrics in the song but I can hum the tune! Please help?

Evita321 said:

Oh my God!!!!! This was the funnier post I have ever seen!! I don't want to make fun of you, it is just too weird that you ask information about this song. Anyway, it is a really really old traditional greek song. The composer, singer, etc are unknown because they used to sing it from place to place during celebrations which everyone could participate, sing and dance. It was sung originally by the women of central greece (thessaly) that had a very special way to dance it. The word that you here is not zambosda-zambbizda (hahha too funny for me, sorry) but "ki am pos da, ki am ti da", speacial dialect of the area to sing "ke pos ida, ke ti ida" which means "and how I saw, and what I saw". The song's name is Karagouna which is a special name that the women of the area were called that has many explanations. Anyway, I won't present the whole history of the area right now so here are the lyrics in greek and latin letters. There are some more verses but I can't remeber them right now... If you also need a translation let me know and I'll see what I can do because I'm sure many words can't be translated. Cheers!

Καραγκούνα

Άιντε Καραγκού- ούνα Καραγκούνα
    Άιντε με σαγιά–
    σαγιά και με σεγκούνια

Κι αμ πως ’δα, κι αμ τι ’δα,
    Την προκοπη σ’ την είδα
    Καν’α καλό δεν είδα

Άιντε πέρασε ένα καλοκαίρι
    Άιντε και δεν μου –
    δε μου ‘στειλες χαμπέρι