He Made Me Free lyrics
I had drifted for so long with my life so full of wrong
That the Lord should have turned his back on me
But he took the trembling hand of a lost and lonely man
Broke the chains from mortal shame and made me free.
Yes, he took away the sin from my soul where it had been
And he helped my blinding eyes again to see
Yes and now I understand the beauty of salvation's plan
Out on the cross you paid the cost and made me free.
--- Instrumental ---
I had sunk so deep in shame never calling on his name
All the joys of life had turned to misery
But then he gave me back control of my lost and wandering soul
Removed the fears dried my tears and made me free.
Yes, he took away the sin that had stained me deep within
And he gave me back the fate that I might see
Now I'm so glad I understand the promise of salvation's plan
Out on the cross you paid the cost and made me free...
Top George Jones songs
- I'll Fly Away
- He Stopped Loving Her Today
- Day After Forever
- A Picture Of Me Without You
- I'll Be Your Stepping Stone
- Family Bible
- A Good Year For The Roses
- Lily Of The Valley
- Where We'll Never Grow Old
- When My Heart Hurts No More
- (The Corvette Song) The One I Loved Back Then
- I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool
- How Beautiful Heaven Must Be
- Walk Through This World With Me