He Made Me Free lyrics
I had drifted for so long with my life so full of wrong
That the Lord should have turned his back on me
But he took the trembling hand of a lost and lonely man
Broke the chains from mortal shame and made me free.
Yes, he took away the sin from my soul where it had been
And he helped my blinding eyes again to see
Yes and now I understand the beauty of salvation's plan
Out on the cross you paid the cost and made me free.
--- Instrumental ---
I had sunk so deep in shame never calling on his name
All the joys of life had turned to misery
But then he gave me back control of my lost and wandering soul
Removed the fears dried my tears and made me free.
Yes, he took away the sin that had stained me deep within
And he gave me back the fate that I might see
Now I'm so glad I understand the promise of salvation's plan
Out on the cross you paid the cost and made me free...
Top George Jones songs
- I'll Fly Away
- He Stopped Loving Her Today
- A Picture Of Me Without You
- I'll Be Your Stepping Stone
- Day After Forever
- Family Bible
- Lily Of The Valley
- A Good Year For The Roses
- When My Heart Hurts No More
- Where We'll Never Grow Old
- I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool
- (The Corvette Song) The One I Loved Back Then
- I Can't Find It Here
- Walk Through This World With Me