Down Where The Jack O'lanterns Grow lyrics
I really think that Broadway
Is just a false alarm
It's just a great big fraud-way
Compared to a farm
A lot of folks may like it
But I could not agree
It may be good enough for them
But not for me
I'm gonna stay right here where the Jack O'Lanterns grow
I'm gonna wake each morn when the rooster starts to crow
Then when I'm through milking the cow
I'll be out working the plow
While the birds
Sing a little "Hello"
I'm gonna settle down with a certain gal I know
Until the day comes 'round when I must really go
Then should the Angels whisper "What have you been?"
I'll say "I've been a Reuben
Down where the Jack O'Lanterns grow"
I stop my work at sundown
And if I want to roar
I comb my hair and run down
To Si's groc'ry store
I hear the latest songs there
I've got them all down pat
I know "Poor Butterfly" by heart
Just think of that!
Top Irving Berlin songs
- Everything Is Rosy Now For Rosie
- The Circus Is Coming To Town
- Gee, I Wish I Was Back In The Army
- Woodman, Woodman, Spare That Tree!
- Puttin' On The Ritz
- When I Leave The World Behind
- A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody
- A Couple Of Swells
- Some Sunny Day
- What Can You Do With A General
- It's A Lovely Day Today
- Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep