You're Just In Love (I Wonder Why) lyrics
I hear singing and there's no one there,
I smell blossoms and the trees are bare,
All day long I seem to walk on air,
I wonder why, I wonder why ?
I keep tossing in my sleep at night,
And what's more I've lost my appetite,
Stars that used to twinkle in the skies,
Are twinkling in my eyes,
I wonder why ?
You don't need analyzin'
It is not so surpisin'
That you feel very strange but nice!
Your heart goes pitter patter
I know just what's the matter
Because I've been there once or twice!
Put your head on my shoulder
You need someone who's older
A rub-down with a velvet glove!
There is nothing you can take
To relieve that pleasant ache
You're not sick, you're just in love!
< repeat verse and chorus simultaneously >
Now you know why!
Now I know why!
I'm just in love!
~ from the 1950 Broadway musical "Call Me Madam"
Words and Music by Irving Berlin. 1950
Top Perry Como songs
- Tonight I Celebrate My Love For You
- I Believe
- You're Just In Love (I Wonder Why)
- Ave Maria
- Magic Moments (Alternate Version)
- I Left My Heart , In San Francisco
- Little Man You've Had A Busy Day
- Anema E Core
- How Insensitive (Insensatez)
- My Cup Runneth Over
- You Are Never Far Away From Me
- The Lord's Prayer
- For The Good Times
- When You Come To The End Of The Day
- Dance Only With Me