Learning Romanian language

Thread: Learning Romanian language

Tags: None

NNA for life said:

Quote Originally Posted by Crisa View Post
    I would say : Tu chiar ai vrut ca eu sa mai stau, sau ai zis-o ca sa fii politicos.
    And i would say:
    "Did you really wanted me to stay longer or did you just said that to be nice/polite?"
    =
    "Tu chiar ai vrut să mai stau sau ai ziso doar ca sa fii politicos?"

just=doar
    ------>Kaal ho na ho<------
    ------>Lebnan ya 2it3it sama<------
    ------>La 2ilaha 2illa allah<------

dragonfly93 said:

Oops, hahaha my mistake! I was posting from my iPod so I forgot to say "bine" after "foarte" couldn't see everything I was typing ok, thanks for correcting me!!
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by NNA for life View Post
    "La mulţi ani,sper să ai o zi grozavă.A fost frumos să te întâlnesc,şi mi-aş fii dorit să nu te fii mutat înapoi în Spania.Sper să te întorci aici în vacanţă.Multă iubire din partea lui....."(if you put your name)
    so this is literally...

Happy bday, I hope you have a wonderful day. It's been beautiful having encountered you, and I would want (long for) that you don't move to Spain. I hope that you return on vacation. Much love from the part of (an idiomatic expression)...

I can translate better to eng from ro than the opposite way around

NNA for life said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    so this is literally...

Happy bday, I hope you have a wonderful day. It's been beautiful having encountered you, and I would want (long for) that you don't move to Spain. I hope that you return on vacation. Much love from the part of (an idiomatic expression)...

I can translate better to eng from ro than the opposite way around

grozav=great
    din partea=from

"de la"=from but its used when you are moving ...ex: Am venit de la Bucuresti.(I came from Bucharest)

5. rudaire said:

"La mulţi ani,sper să ai o zi grozavă.A fost frumos să te întâlnesc,şi mi-aş fii dorit să nu te fii mutat înapoi în Spania.Sper să te întorci aici în vacanţă.Multă iubire din partea lui....."(if you put your name)
    Please don't be upset at this correction, as I'm sure you know much much more and better romanian than I know, but I'm quite sure it is incorrect to write "mi-aş fii dorit..." "mi-aş fi dorit" is correct. The second usage, after să, I believe correct however.

dave

dragonfly93 said:

I was wondering about that... I thought fii with 2 i's is for the conjugated participle for tu. The second is certainly correct.

NNA for life said:

Quote Originally Posted by rudaire View Post
    Please don't be upset at this correction, as I'm sure you know much much more and better romanian than I know, but I'm quite sure it is incorrect to write "mi-aş fii dorit..." "mi-aş fi dorit" is correct. The second usage, after să, I believe correct however.

dave

You are right i made a mistake which i didn't notice :P
    (a) fi=to be
    fii=sons

8. ercmnt said:

hi can anyone help me translate this in to romanian? :

Hey,psst,in case you didn't know I'm madly in love with you!And my biggest wish of all is to wake up near you in every morning,have you in my arms,see you smile and cover you with all my love.I'm not kidding when I say you are my big love,you realy are,my only one.

thanks in advance.

baby_girl_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by ercmnt View Post
    hi can anyone help me translate this in to romanian? :

Hey,psst,in case you didn't know I'm madly in love with you!And my biggest wish of all is to wake up near you in every morning,have you in my arms,see you smile and cover you with all my love.I'm not kidding when I say you are my big love,you realy are,my only one.

thanks in advance.
    Hey, pssst, în cazul în care nu ştiai, sunt îndrăgostit până peste cap de tine! şi dorinţa mea cea mai mare este să mă trezesc lângă tine în fiecare dimineaţă, să te am în braţe, să-ţi vad zâmbetul şi să te copleşesc cu dragostea mea. Nu glumesc când spun că eşti cea mai mare dragoste a mea, chiar eşti, singura mea dragoste.

NNA for life said:

"Hei şttt,în caz că nu ştiai că te iubesc nebuneşte!Şi cea mai mare dorinţă a mea e să mă trezesc în fiecare dimineaţă langă tine,să te am in braţe,să iţi văd zânbetu şi să te acopăr cu toata dragostea mea.Nu glumesc când zic că eşti cea mai mare iubire a mea,tu chiar eşti,singura."

11. ercmnt said:

thanks i have 2 translations its my lucky day

baby_girl_ said:

thanks i have 2 translations its my lucky day
    Yup, you are lucky today Can I ask you what "aman" means? It's something like "oh"?

NNA for life said:

Quote Originally Posted by baby_girl_ View Post
    Yup, you are lucky today Can I ask you what "aman" means? It's something like "oh"?
    Yes "aman" is live OHhh Myyy.If you hear it in any manele song genere.

baby_girl_ said:

Yes "aman" is live OHhh Myyy.If you hear it in any manele song genere.
    Lol, urasc manelele!!! I was asking what does it mean in turkish, I've heard my boyfriend (who is turkish) using this word so many times and unfortunately he didn't know how to translate it or explain it to me..And btw...in romanian I've never heard this word, and I'm romanian))))))))))))))

NNA for life said:

Lol, urasc manelele!!! I was asking what does it mean in turkish, I've heard my boyfriend (who is turkish) using this word so many times and unfortunately he didn't know how to translate it or explain it to me..And btw...in romanian I've never heard this word, and I'm romanian))))))))))))))
    Ok am sa incerk sa iti explik.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn4x972cOhs
    Aman ya leyl=ooh (my) ooh night=offff noaptea
    Aman ya 3yany=ooh (my) ohh eyes=offf ochii
    aman=interjectie,cum e "off"in romana cred.

baby_girl_ said:

Ok am sa incerk sa iti explik.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn4x972cOhs
    Aman ya leyl=ooh (my) ooh night=offff noaptea
    Aman ya 3yany=ooh (my) ohh eyes=offf ochii
    aman=interjectie,cum e "off"in romana cred.
    Ok, mersi frumos

17. ercmnt said:

Aman is an expression that can be used in different ways.

*for goodness sake
    *watch it! be carefull!
    *mercy, help
    *please
    *oh!
    *Oof!/God!/Lord!/Lord help us! (indicating disgust or anger)
    *Pardon

it depends on the way of saying it.

Aman Tanrım : oh my god
    Aman dikkat : Watch out! be carefull!
    Aman! kaza ile oldu: Pardon it was an accident
    Aman ne kötü : Oh thats too bad
    Aman yaaa : oh thats too bad

if u can say where it was used i can try to explain better, it is something about the sound , how u use it mostly. an expression so the way of telling it is important.

18. rudaire said:

Nu glumesc când spun că eşti cea mai mare dragoste a mea, chiar eşti, singura mea dragoste.
    I noticed in both translations, you agree on the 'chiar eşti' line. I have a lot of trouble with all of the different nuances of short words like mai and chiar. My first english word of translation for chiar is 'even', and next is 'just' Neither of those really fit this example.

Can someone help me understand how chiar fits here to give the meaning intended?

Also, could 'cu adevărat' be used instead of chiar to have a similar meaning in this case?

thanks
    dave

dragonfly93 said:

Just you? Even you? Certainly you? Chiar can also mean something like "certainly".

cu adevărat = certainly or truly, but ask a native... I don't think you can because it's used more as "really?" or "truly?"...

baby_girl_ said:

Aman is an expression that can be used in different ways.

*for goodness sake
    *watch it! be carefull!
    *mercy, help
    *please
    *oh!
    *Oof!/God!/Lord!/Lord help us! (indicating disgust or anger)
    *Pardon

it depends on the way of saying it.

Aman Tanrım : oh my god
    Aman dikkat : Watch out! be carefull!
    Aman! kaza ile oldu: Pardon it was an accident
    Aman ne kötü : Oh thats too bad
    Aman yaaa : oh thats too bad

if u can say where it was used i can try to explain better, it is something about the sound , how u use it mostly. an expression so the way of telling it is important.
    Thanks a lot for your explanations, they're very useful
    The expression is simple : "aman aman", I've heard it so many times..I thought it could mean something like "ufff ufff"..correct me if I'm wrong