Come, Ye Sinners, Poor And Wretched lyrics
1 COME, ye sinners, poor and wretched,
Weak and wounded, sick and sore:
Jesus ready stands to save you,
Full of pity joined with power;
He is able,
He is willing; doubt no more.
2 Come, ye needy, come, and welcome,
God's free bounty glorify;
True belief, and true repentance,
Every grace that brings us nigh,
Come to Jesus Christ and buy.
3 Let not conscience make you linger,
Nor of fitness fondly dream;
All the fitness he requireth,
Is to feel your need of him:
This he gives you;
'Tis the Spirit's rising beam.
4 Come, ye weary, heavy-laden,
Bruised and mangled by the fall;
If you tarry till you're better,
You will never come at all:
Not the righteous,
Sinners Jesus came to call.
5 Lo! the incarnate God, ascended,
Pleads the merit of his blood:
Venture on him, venture wholly,
Let no other trust intrude;
None but Jesus
Can do helpless sinners good.
Top John Wesley Harding songs
- Captain Of Israel's Host, And Guide
- Great God Of Wonders! All Thy Ways
- All Things Are Possible To Him
- Go Labour On; Spend, And Be Spent
- Behold The Servant Of The Lord
- And Can It Be, That I Should Gain
- Come, Ye Sinners, Poor And Wretched
- Gracious Spirit, Dwell With Me!
- A Charge To Keep I Have
- Art Thou Weary, Art Thou Languid
- Praise The Lord! Ye Heavens, Adore Him
- Blow Ye The Trumpet, Blow
- Father Of Everlasting, Grace
- Forth In Thy Name, O Lord, I Go
- Father, I Know That All My Life